Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mia is One

I know all parents say this, but I really can't believe my baby girl is one. I feel like it snuck up on me a lot faster than with Chase. And with Chase I think I kind of felt like he was big already (maybe also because he was running by one year old) and I still feel like Mia is my little baby.

Despite some pressure for throwing Mia a party, I opted out of it. You see, I threw Chase quite the party when he turned one, but after it was all said and done, I realized it was a lot of work for a kid who doesn't know what is going on. Although I was being racked with guilt leading up to the day, I decided to have some family over, and feel great about my decision. We had a great night and Mia didn't know it was her birthday. But she sure looked cute.

Chase had a great time opening up all of her presents, while Mia played with all the wrapping paper.

She did adore this doll that my sister Kelly made for her.
Chase showing her the book that he gave her (picked it out, wrapped it, and made her a card)

It was so fun to buy some girly toys for her. She loves this stroller/walker that we got her. She looks like such a big girl strolling around with it.She didn't know how to eat the cake, but knew she wanted the cake. So she kind of cried about it until I finally broke it all up for her.


And then she inhaled it.

I can't blame her. It was good. I also tried out this new recipe for frosting that turned out really good and was easy to make.


Although I feel like the year flew by, I also can't remember our family without her. Matt and I always say how lucky we are to have such a beautiful and sweet baby girl in our family. Here is looking forward to no more bottles (hopefully soon), downgrading the size of the bag I carry, and getting down to one nap a day.

6 comments:

leigh said...

she looks adorable in those pictures! i love the one of her looking at her cake, not knowing what to do. im glad you finally realized that having such extravagant parties arent worth it too much. i wish i was there though! can we celebrate next week too??

kelly l said...

i'm glad mia had a good birthday and that she finally went to town on her cake. did you make her shirt? i loved her skirt too. and i think it's super cute that chase bought and wrapped her a present and made her a card.

Mandy said...

It seriously does seem like just yesterday I was dropping off your gift and looking at your doll size baby. I am glad that Chase dressed up in his Peter Pan attire for the party. I think it is hilarious that she cried until you broke up the cake. Happy Birthday Mia!

BBS said...

Happy 1st b-day Mia!! I just think she is so sweet and adorable. I love the doll that Kelly made her.
Glad to be able to see the fun times.

doublej said...

Hey Laura, I love your blog. my mom is always telling me how much she enjoys your writing. Mia is such a doll-that's so fun she's one! I love her "1" shirt- (need to be looking for one). I LOVE love LOVE reading the cute Peter Pan anecdotes--they are hilarious! what fun memories. Let's meet up this summer.

xcdenke said...

Happy Birthday little Mia!! Wish we were there to welcome her into her 1st B-day!