Monday, May 10, 2010

weekends

Before I had kids, I remember visiting my sister (who had kids) and thinking, man, when you are a stay at home mom, everyday is like a weekend. boy, was I WRONG. because when you are a stay at home mom, a weekend is very much still a weekend. Granted, it is nice to be able to wake up Monday morning and not jump in the shower and rush out the door to work. But it is night and day when you have your husband home. everything seems easier. the kids seem easier. it feels like you can go anywhere and handle it just fine.

our weekends consist of eating out (because I don't do cooking on the weekend)

usually includes ice cream of some sort.

and going somewhere enjoyable.



and just like I did when I was working, as soon as Monday starts, I am counting down til the next weekend.

6 comments:

kelly l said...

seriously, i can't take seeing pictures of your kids at the beach. it's just so unfair. it's supposed to only be 48 degrees here today. wah! and i agree with you on the weekends. mostly. sometimes i feel like on the weekend though that i have to get permission to do what i want to do whereas on the weekday i just do whatever i want. but then again, maybe if we were hitting in and out on the weekends and going to the beach, i'd feel differently.

BBS said...

I agree with Kelly on the weather part...really this is getting ridiculous!! Weekends are nice!

leigh said...

ok this just sealed the deal. im moving back to california.

agirlnamedgay said...

wow no cooking on the weekends.... sounds a little bit spoiled... haha!!! let's do the beach again soon. i need to practice my long boarding skills (in case yosh ever leaves me i need a mad skill/magnet to fall back on!)

Glory Hoggz said...

I completely agree! I love having Ryan here on the weekends. I don't know how women do it who's husbands aren't helpful. I am so dependent on Ryan. You guys always do such fun stuff,lucky!

Mandy said...

SOrry, Laura. The message above was from me. I didn't know that the blog was signed in under Ryan's stuped fantasy sport league. What kind of name is Glory Hogz anyways?