Chase enjoyed his first camping trip this weekend. Matt took him to the Fathers and Sons camp out. If you know me, you know I am not a camper. So Chase had no idea what camping was. So all week I have been preparing him and explaining what camping is to him. He was SO excited. All day Friday before he left he kept telling me and Mia "You can't go camping because only boys can go." He really knows how to upset me.
So it sounded like they had a lot of fun. I am sure they spent a lot of time throwing rocks in the stream.
And I get the impression Chase mostly survived on marshmallows.
Chase told me he made friends with a boy named Peter. Matt said that every time Clark (Peter's Dad) called for Peter, both Chase and Peter turned around (since we usually have to refer to Chase as Peter Pan)
And I just had to include this series of pictures of the aftermath of Chase's balloon popping. This boy has always been traumatized when his balloon pops.
And supposedly I was the cause for much laughter at the camp out since I called Matt Friday night and asked him to cut Chase's finger nails since I forgot to do it before he left. Hey, there is nothing wrong with trying to stay a little clean.
8 comments:
I do think it's funny that 1. you had matt bring nail clippers and 2. that you called him to have him cut chase's nails. That's pretty darn hilarious. I think I would've made fun of you too. I let Wade do all the packing for fathers and sons since it's the one time a year the outing is for them. At least Matt brought his camera. Wade forgot. I'm glad you let Matt take Chase camping. I figured dad would make sure Chase was kept clean.
well i didn't pack the clippers, i just KNEW that dad would have some. and dad fessed up that he would have cut his nails (which I actually asked matt to ask dad to cut the nails). and I packed the camera, so that was thanks to me.
that KILLS me about the nail clippers. it kills me and doesn't surprise me at all. it's a good thing it's only you guys that live near mom and dad because i don't think dad could keep up on the cleanliness of all the grandkids if they were around all the time.
Laughing out loud.
Then I see the picture of chase on your sidebar with his hands behind his head. He is so funny!
Laura, you did not call Matt to cut Chase's nails while camping. That is hilarious. Landon had a lot of fun there too. Maybe now we can get Chase to bug you to camp so bad you will come and camp with all of us this summer.
im so right there with you. i hate camping. and really funny about the nail clippers. dont you think it could have waited? it was just one day!?
ok, the point of wanting to cut his nails was because i knew he was going to be in the dirt and didn't want him to get so much dirt under his nails. too much to ask?
Cutting nails before camping to keep reasonable clean, makes perfect sense.
Post a Comment