I didn't try to get anything done
I didn't try to clean anything
I didn't have any time frames
Chase built a pirate ship out of the couch

I left it up all day
We made smoothies
We went to Target
We weren't in a hurry
I chatted with both of my sisters (one of whom never called me back)
We watched the Dodger game (turned out to be the most boring game ever, but at least we won)
We played baseball in the front yard
We ate cupcakes
We cut animals out of magazines for Chase's animal science book
We built train tracks
The kids played nicely and quietly in their rooms
while I read my book
Chase didn't have a time out all day
Just a friendly reminder to be nice to his sister
We had quesadillas for dinner
it took only 5 minutes of prep
and the kids ate them all
without me nagging
I didn't even mind that Matt was working really late
I let the kids stay as long as they wanted in the bath
until the water was cold
we played the throw them on my bed game a little longer than usual

we read extra books for bedtimeand by 8pm both were sleeping
Not saying I want everyday like this. Not saying everyday can be like this. But I think I need to learn to just relax a little more now and then. What I think is urgent and important, usually isn't.
Not saying I want everyday like this. Not saying everyday can be like this. But I think I need to learn to just relax a little more now and then. What I think is urgent and important, usually isn't.
9 comments:
That was indeed a great day, one to remember. What could be better than to spend the day with your kids, they grow up way too fast.
Cool pirate ship.
What? You started the post saying you didn't get anything done and then make this huge list of awesome mommy stuff that you did. Sounds like a perfectly productive day in my book. Hope you're feeling better!
i'm glad you had a good day and that sister that didn't call you back is a JERK!
ok, kady stole the words out of my mouth. this is just a list of one day? if my productive days were anything close to this i'd be feeling good!!!
that sounds like such a good day! kinda similar to mine...dont have time frames and usually dont have many things that i absolutely need to get done. i hope you enjoy your time with chase and mia and i cant wait to see them. and im glad kelly knows she is a jerk. cause i know i called you back!!
Well written--good advice for us all.
Amen sis-ta
Thanks for sharing. Still doesn't sound super relaxing for you, but wwhat a great day for the kids. I think about that all the time. I really need to slow down once in a while and let the m play with me. You are such a good mom.
I love that you said, "I left it up all day!" *meaning the pirate ship made out of pillows. I know that took a lot! ha ha
BUT, I have to agree with you about trying to be laxed. It is SO hard sometimes, especially when you have to get something done. But, you go girl for just chill'n. My boys never get time outs when I'm chilled, hmm... what does that say about me?
Post a Comment