Tuesday, May 18, 2010

refurbishing

So I am not crafty. Or motivated. I have a TON of decor I want to do around my house, that I have been meaning to do for 2 years. Is it just me, or is it sometimes just overwhelming? time-wise and financial-wise. So I was sick of doing nothing and thought I would start small. I had this old stool that was under my kitchen desk that the previous owners left that I hated and have been meaning to just replace. Well I thought why not try to salvage it. So some spray paint and fabric later (costing all of $6), here is what I have:

I wish I took a before picture, but just think ugly and piece of junk. I must admit, I am pretty proud of it. Don't look too close, it is definitely not perfect, but it's a start. And maybe just gave me the slightest motivation to start the next project.

9 comments:

Ann said...

WOW!!! I very impressed. It looks real good. Spray painting it black was a great idea. Fabric is adorable.

BBS said...

It turned out so well--love the fabric and paint combination!

JS said...

It looks awesome!
Good job.

a{Jo} said...

Very pretty!

kelly l said...

nice laura. i'm super impressed. good job being crafty.

Kady said...

Love it! Nice work!

brookeisacrazylady said...

that is the cutest thing ever!!!! good job

Rachel said...

that is so cute!! i am so glad you salvaged it and didn't throw it out. it would have been a real treasure for whoever found it so it's much better you just kept that gem for yourself. great work!

xcdenke said...

Great job L! Looks amazing and love the colors.