You are five years old today. FIVE?!?! How is that possible? Especially with me being the young thing that I am. I still feel like a rookie mom, but having a five year old seems big time.
I tell you this often, but I feel so lucky that Heavenly Father chose ME to be your mom. You are a special boy. I dare say the best boy ever.
You are smart. So smart. You just blow us away with the stuff you ask us, or come up with, or remember. I know everyone thinks their kids are the smartest, but you truly are.
You are a sweet brother. The sweetest. Your sisters are so lucky to have such a sweet, caring brother. You look out for them. You are concerned for them. You give in to that sassy Mia all the time. You cry when I threaten Mia to leave her somewhere. You give your sisters the biggest hugs and kisses when we drop you off at school. When we found out we were having another girl, I told you that being a big brother to two little sisters was a big responsibility. I can't think of anyone who could do a better job at it then you. They are so lucky to have you.
It is tough being the oldest. We always are expecting too much out of you. More than we probably should. Sometimes we forget you are still small. But you usually rise to our level of expectation. Usually.
You are a caring friend. You always want to make sure your friends are happy. You are always thinking of others. You share your favorite toys when friends are over and settle for the next best thing. You get along with everyone..boys, girls, younger or older, and adapt to play with whatever they want to play with. You make friends easy. I love overhearing you telling kids what your name is and how old you are.
You are good. You apologize profusely when you are in trouble. It makes it hard to stay mad. You are sensitive. You get your feelings hurt easy, so it is hard to be tough on you.
You make me feel like a good mom. On my worst days you still tell me "You are the best mom in the whole world". It makes me want to be better. It gives me confidence.
You are funny. I love laughing together and telling silly jokes. Especially when you think all of my jokes are funny.
You love to snuggle and hug me and hold my hand. Please never stop. Please. Please. Please.
I keep telling you to stop growing up. You laugh and say I can't stop you. But I just won't allow it. I can't handle it. When you gave me your last four year old hug ever last night, I shed a few tears. Because I will never again have you as a four year old. And I have loved you at four. Five is your limit. Ok? Ok.
Thanks for being the best little boy a mom could ask for. I sure hit the jackpot with you. I love you to the moon, outerspace, and neverland, and back.
Love,
Mom
4 comments:
Happy 5th b-day to Chase! He is just so cute and it is fun to read all about him!
Chase is such a cutie-patootie sweet boy. I wish some of his sweetness would rub off my my sassy potty-word 5 year old. Tell him to come over and have a sleep over tomorrow.
Chase, I am so lucky and blessed to be able to be your grandma. We did hit the jackpot with youl. I love you to Neverland and back
wow. way to make me like really cry. like seriously i have tears rolling down my cheeks right now. he is such a good boy, so sweet, loving and funny. what happened to the days of him in his bouncy seat while we watched desperate housewives for hours??
Post a Comment