Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Party Rockers

My last few weeks have been as follows:  Pack, Pack, Pack, Move, Chase Sick, Mia Sick, Lyla Sick, Me Sick, Doctor, Doctor, Doctor, slowly slowly unpack, plan Chase's birthday and party.
Phew, do you feel tired?  I have been tired.  So once I finally started feeling recovered from being seriously sick (and I am never sick), I realized I had less than a week to plan Chase's birthday party. 
But we pulled it off, thanks to some serious help.
Matt stepped it up and announced he would be in charge of all games.  Awesome.  And he did great.  Pretty sure this is his party role moving forward.

Birthday Theme as requested by Chase:  Batman

Activities: 

Painting superhero masks (butterfly masks for girls)

 Relay race - which started in the front and went all around the house and into the garage

 Capture the villains and tie them up with toilet paper

treasure hunt to find Batman (the pinata) who was captured by the Joker

Food:  Our good friend offered (offered!!) to make these incredible sliders for the party.  (and there were hot dogs for the kids)

And I went back to my talented baker extraordinaire friend (who make the neverland cake last year) to make the cake.

Are you quickly seeing a theme to the party...delegating.  That, my friends, is how it gets done.

Opening presents:  While I love letting the kids open presents at parties, I have learned that I quickly need to take the present after it's been opened and put it away.  It was utter chaos and before I knew it, every present had been ripped out of the package and was everywhere.  And let's just say we were digging toy and game pieces out of the trash the next day.  Lesson learned. 

It was a very fun, and a little crazy, party.  Every year I vow to make the next party simpler and smaller.  We will see if I can keep to my word next time around.

5 comments:

leigh said...

you are not gonna be shocked at all by my comment and maybe its even a good thing im the first to comment...WHERES MY PHOTO CRED!? those were some dang good photos I took, capturing many good moments. also another part of the delegating by you. it was a super fun party and super chaotic. kelly would not have had that haha

kelly l said...

looked like a great party. still offended we weren't invited. and that was a pretty awesome cake. chase is one lucky kid. and what is leigh trying to say? that i would not have had a fun party or i wouldn't have had a chaotic party? i'm not sure if i should be insulted or pleased with the compliment.

leigh said...

hahaha ok good point. i meant a chaotic party, you just wouldnt allow that.

xcdenke said...

Such a fun time! Even if I thought the party started at 5pm, when it actually started at 4pm and we arrived at 5:30pm. In my defense, I confused it with our YW's fundraiser. Next time, I will read the evite S-L-O-W-L-Y!

Love the new place! It looked amazing and completely moved into, even if you insist there is still more to do. ;)

Amy Sue said...

Looks like Chase had a fun party! I still can't believe that he's 5!