Matt sometimes complains that I never write anything on the blog about him. Well, in honor of his birthday (last week), here is a post entirely about Matt. I actually found this post that I wrote back in 2008 and for some reason never used. Let's see if he will be bugging me anytime soon to be mentioning him on the bloggie.
I married a girly man… but in a good way… you see I kind of love it. But it is amusing. I thought I would entertain us all with the mention of some of Matt’s girly ways.
1. Matt loves chick flicks. He won’t always admit to this, but it is true. Case in point: A couple of months ago we were trying to decide what movie to order on demand. I am really bad at these types of decisions so I usually give Matt 4 or 5 options of what I would be willing to watch, and let him decide. Pretty good system, huh? So I gave him my options, one of which included “27 Dresses” – but I caveat to him that I had already seen this and didn’t have to see it again. This is how the conversation went:
Matt: “Fine, if you want to see 27 Dresses I’ll watch it”
Me: “No, really, I have already seen it, you can pick something you want to see.”
Matt: “I KNOW you want to watch that movie so I GUESS I will watch it with you.”
Me: “I don’t need to see it again, really, it’s ok”
Matt: “FINE, FINE, I will watch 27 Dresses if that is what you want.”
Me: (Finally getting it) “Ok, wow, thanks SO much.”
2. Matt loves “girly” treatments such as manicures and pedicures, facial treatments, bjore strips, etc. Example: Matt loves Bjore strips. He buys them himself. The other night I was getting ready to go to bed and decided to apply a strip to my nose. As I was doing this I knew that Matt would be so mad at me for doing it without him. Sounds hard to believe? To my non surprise Matt came up a few minutes later and started whining to me “How could I do that without him” and “We always do that together” and “I better not have used the last one” and “how many have you done, I swear you have used more than me.” Nope, not kidding. Those are direct quotes.
3. Matt turned ME on to such shows as American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, and So You Think You Can Dance. He was an avid watcher a couple of seasons before I started watching it with him.
I am sure Matt will want me to follow this up with a post about all the “manly” things he does like watching sports, playing basketball, growing facial hair, and fixing things. – which he does (ok, maybe except the fixing things), but they are not nearly as fun to talk about.

4 comments:
You forgot to mention Sunset Tan in that tv list. And you forgot to also mention how much he loves his birthday and getting gifts. Ok, so I hope he's not mad at me since he will be mad at you.
awww and thats why i love mattie. and I LOVED SUNSET TAN!! matt got me to tune into that one.
HA! Love this post! And tell Matt that I still think he's manly!
This ironic because I know Matt has also been one to make fun of for my femininity.
Post a Comment