Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 year in review

Kind of hard to believe another year has come and gone.
I love the start of a new year.
The uncertainty and excitement of what the year will hold.
Little did I know that I would kick off 2011 by being pregnant.
Especially after just bragging about 2010 being the first year in over 4 years of not being pregnant.
So pretty much my entire 2011 entailed being pregnant and having a newborn.
So pretty much I was tired the entire year.
Hence, to my dismay, my big decline in blogging this year.
But look at the beautiful addition to our family we got this year.
Kind of made the whole year beautiful. 
The year of Lyla is what 2011 will be remembered as.
Kind of overshadows anything else in the year. 
Which, by the way, was also all good. 
Like a trip to Mexico sans kids (ahhh, that was nice)
or the best family vacay to San Diego.
And my sister and her family gracing us 2 times with her presence (as well as a trip to see her in April)
And seeing NKOTBSB and U2 in concert.  Awesome.
And watching my kids grow up and become playmates.
Isn't it funny how looking back, everything seems great?  I am sure I had lots of crappy moments, but only the good ones stand out.  Must remember that next time I have a crappy moment. 

I think 2012 is going to be a year of lots of change.
Like my baby boy starting kindergarten. Tear.
And some other big changes in the works.
A little (a lot) scared.
A little (a lot) excited.
A new chapter of our lives for sure. 
With that said, let's bring on the New Year.

3 comments:

kelly l said...

very cute. i keep meaning to ask you about the changes and how it's going. 2011 marked for me, with 2010, the longest i've ever not been pregnant. yeah for me. but yeah for you and lyla too.

Ann said...

The most priceless picture I have ever seen! I just stared at it for the longest time, feeling so grateful that you have Matt and 3 beautiful and amazing children.

leigh said...

that is seriously a sweet picture. your kids are adorable. (and matt is cute too) you being pregnant all seems like a blur to me now.