Recently I had a parent/teacher conference at Chase's preschool (where I may have shed tears - happy ones - but that is a different story. Besides, who cries during parent/teacher conferences...apparently me.) One of the (many) things his teacher told me was how funny Chase is and how he just says the funniest things. She said this with a chuckle as if she was remembering one of the many funny conversations she has had with my son.
I just love my conversations with Chase. They leave me feeling baffled of where he came up with something, or with tears of laughter, or with tears of love, or just feeling proud.
I have tried - somewhat unsuccessfully- to write them all down (I even have a separate blog dedicated to this purpose). So I wanted to share just a few from late.
Chase came home from school one day and told me he and his friends decided that they hate all girls. Except their friends that are girls. And except the girls in their class. And except their friends' sisters. And except their own sisters. and their moms. and their friends' moms. and their friends' friends who are girls. So of course I asked "So who exactly are girls that you hate?" Chase replied: "All the girls that we don't know." (we then of course had a discussion about how we don't hate anybody.....)
Chase and I were snuggling his little baby sister and I asked him "Chase, what color do you think Lyla's eyes are going to be? Brown like yours or green/grey/brown like Mia's?" With a very confused expression, he said to me "uh Mom, Lyla already has eyes."
We were building train tracks in his room one day and I was trying to talk him into taking the track down to build an even cooler one. He said he didn't want to do that. I urged him, "come on, it will be super cool." He said "No, they are my trains and I can do whatever I like with them. What if you were playing something on your phone and I was trying to get you to do something else with it that you didn't want to do. How would you feel?" I sat mulling over that for a bit....did my 4 year old really just give me an analogy?
4 comments:
love his last comment, and i think if i had a blog of drew's funny things it would all have to do with butts and poop. i love that chase is so funny. mom told me about the christmas tree dying confusion.
even though i already heard these stories i have tears from laughter right now. a analogy!? it kills me. that kid sure is wunny! kelly should make a blog post of all the silly faces drew can make since she cant do one with his funny jokes.
I'm glad you switched back. I pretty much don't follow blogs that aren't on my blog reader. And you're awesome, by the way. You're totally one of the parents I look up to, even though you let the stress sometimes get to you. You're doing great.
I wish we could get in on that blog. I love his quips.
Post a Comment