Saturday, December 10, 2011

curveballs

(the poor sickie)
I was relaxing at the table after dinner on Thursday just thinking how the day had gone well and feeling pleased with myself for getting dinner on the table (and not even a frozen variety) with matt working late and baby Lyla taking a second long snooze. Minutes after these thoughts entered my mind, I heard that cough and splatter every mom comes to recognize. Mia just emptied the contents of her stomach all over the dining room floor. And then again. And then again. And then again. And again. (with a simultaneous case of the runs in case that alone didn't gross you out enough) oh and not to mention said floor had just been mopped a mere couple hours earlier. Meanwhile, Chase is sitting in his chair gagging and crying and manages to throw up a little himself.   Isn't this always how it happens..right when you feel like you have things under control and you can do this mothering thing, life throws you a curve ball.  

As I stood in the lake of puke that was once my clean dining room with two crying children, I have no clue where to even begin. You hear that when you are a Mom you just know what to do in these types of situations. I usually don't feel like that...I feel a little panicked.  But I think you just get it done because you have no other options.  So I got it done.  And by some small miracle Lyla slept through the whole ordeal.  And lucky Matt came home to a clean and quiet house.

5 comments:

agirlnamedgay said...

Seriously I hate throw up. Nothing worse. Good thing Matt came home to a clean house. If he's like a lot of men I know, the slightest smell of puke would have left him throwing up or at least gagging! Not at all feeling sorry for you BUT you need a fun day out.....with me! Bc I need a day out! Can we please make this happen pronto?

kelly l said...

I hope she's feeling better. If it makes you feel better, I woke up to Kate's room smelling like puke, but instead she filled up her footsie jammies with poop.

Amy Sue said...

Poor little Mia! Hope she's feeling better!

B said...

Thank you for the motivation. jk.

Heather said...

OMG I never know what to do. I just think: what would my mom do? Or sometimes I just call my mom. She always knows what to do.