So Chase had his first day of second year preschool. He looks so grown up compared to last year. I was going to get him a haircut yesterday, but look at that summer blond...I couldn't bring myself to cut it off yet. He was very very excited to be going into the 4 year old class. He was up at 6AM asking me if he could get dressed for school yet.
Mia decided it was a good morning to throw a huge, never-ending temper tantrum. We were nearly late for the first day. (the initial cause of the tantrum was I told her she was done watching Justin Bieber videos).
I got her calmed down in time to take a few pics of Chase before school...but I couldn't get her to get out of the picture. She kept standing right in front of Chase saying "cheeeese" and I had to get Chase to run to a new spot real quick and try and snap some pics. (if you are wondering, that is chocolate smeared on her face..I had to use a little bribery, don't judge, I know I am not the only Mom to use chocolate bribery before 9AM)
It is going to be kind of an interesting year for me as I am gearing up for a newborn. Chase has been pretty sad that he has so many friends that are starting kindergarten this year. When I first got pregnant I was thinking how nice it would be if Chase was starting kindergarten, but now I am so glad to have him around for one more year. I think getting out of the house at 8AM every day would be hard with a newborn, plus Mia is really going to need to have Chase around as a playmate once I am more occupied. I have so many friends that are in totally different stages this year with kids in school, and I need to remember to appreciate this stage with my little ones close and keeping life simple.



6 comments:
Oh my gosh! I know I seen him fairly often, but he seriously looks so grown up. He's moving on up!
amen to appreciating the simple life. i'm ecstatic that i don't have anything until 5pm tomorrow. miracle. and before you made the comment about chase's blondiness, i thought how cute he looked with his blondish hair. and he definitely has grown up since last year. and i am totally judging on the chocolate before 9am. i just hope it was chocolate from trader joes.
I can't believe the difference in the picture from this year and last week. It makes me a little nervous honestly. He's pretty dang cute.
He's such a cutie! Hope you're feeling great and ready for #3!
Woo hoo for preschool! We started today and i am just excited that I will have me and baby time for awhile! Also, I am just excited to get my nesting done while the kids are gone:)
Chase is so cute! I still can't get over how much merrick and him look alike
Such a big boy! Just wait until he starts Kindergarten. He will have so much fun. I know this is relating to the previous post, but, don't cut his blond hair yet!!
Post a Comment