Sunday, September 25, 2011

37 weeks and 2 days

37 weeks and 2 days pregnant. 
Officially the longest I have ever been pregnant.
I am not complaining, seriously, I am not.  I am happy about it.
With Chase I was completely unprepared.  I was still working, hadn't sorted out any of my baby stuff, hadn't put up the crib, and was not ready whatsoever.  I was upset that I was missing out on my week off of work I had planned to have before the baby came to get myself ready.
With Mia I thought surely I will not be that early again.  Sure enough, 20 days early she came.  My Mom was out of town, I was still working (again),  and I hadn't sorted through any of my baby girl items. 
This time I have been ready.
Hospital bag packed
Clothes in drawers
Diapers purchased
Bottles sanitized
And of course, since I am ready, she is not here yet.
Which I really am fine with.  But I just feel like I am living my life in limbo.  Taking each day as if it might be the day.  Not really being able to plan much.  Trying to keep the fridge stocked.  Trying to remember to make my bed and do the dishes before I leave the house.  Making sure I don't go more than 2 days without washing my hair (and shaving my legs for that matter). 
I am trying to appreciate every night I get another full night sleep (however uncomfortable I might be, it is still better than getting up all night long)
But we are all getting a little anxious now for the pending arrival. 
Watch, this one will come right on her due date.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I know the feeling...I could not be any more ready for baby. And, yes, you might just beat me. Have fun in limbo.

Evan and Amber said...

oh you are so cute!

Amy Sue said...

Great pic! You didn't have to wait long, she's here! Looking forward to lots of blog posts of little Lyla!

kelly l said...

yeah, you didn't have to wait too long. but it's still a good blog post.

agirlnamedgay said...

you're the second post in the last couple months where it is of a similar nature and within a day, the new baby comes! i guess that's the real "old wives tale" that everyone should take into consideration! can't wait to meet her!

B said...

Congrats! I was going to email you but I kept thinking you would post until I remembered your blog is private now. She looks gorgeous and more importantly you look gorgeous right after giving birth. It must be an LA/Hollywood thing ;)

BBS said...

OK- These photos of your pregnancy are just amazing! You are all so beautiful!