Saturday, September 3, 2011

I was had



Thanks to seeing pictures of his cousins at Build-a-Bear a few weeks ago, Chase has been begging me to take him there ever since.  He was almost done with his job chart, so I told him we would go once he finished it.  The day finally came and he was as excited as could be to go.  We got there as soon as it opened and I told the kids to pick out whatever bear they wanted.  Being my very first time ever at Build-a-Bear, I wasn't aware until after my kids picked out the most expensive bears that there were different price points on the bears.  I made a few vain attempts to try and encourage the less pricey bears.  But you see, as much as I would like to say I am not scared of my 2 year old, I realized that sometimes I can't put a price on avoiding an all out tantrum in the middle of a store. 
So after picking out outfits (which had already been promised), luckily managing to steer past all the accessories, and donating to the children's hospital build-a-bear program (how do you say no), I walked away a little in shock - and trying to figure out how not to tell Matt - that I spent $75 on stuffed animals.  And of course the entire experience...which took 30 minutes and which Mia was too shy to take part in.

 Without further ado, let me present the most expensive stuffed animals I have ever purchased:

Princess
and Matthew

And of course Chase is already asking when we can go back and do another Build-a-Bear.  When your grandparents want to take you. 

3 comments:

leigh said...

haha you are scared of your two year old. thats funny. i dont know if those are worth $75.

kelly l said...

$75 is an impressive amount on two bears. i think i spent $90 on four and thought that was pretty bad. and i love that you're scared of mia as well. and tell leigh thanks for her comments on my blog like two weeks ago. blah!

B said...

haha, way to put it on your parents.