with the days getting shorter, nights cooler, and my kids suntan lines fading, I am having a case of the end of summer blues.
we had a great summer. truly. I have been looking forward to a summer like this.....the kids a little older and more independent and just being able to do so much fun stuff together.
our #1 activity this summer by far was swimming. we probably swam at least four times a week.
and I could not be more proud of how great my kids did.
Mia started the summer refusing a swimsuit, let alone getting anywhere near the pool.
She ended the summer getting in without hesitation with her floaties and kicking herself all around the pool by herself.
Chase started the summer scared to get his face wet.
He ended the summer cannon balling off the diving board and swimming all the way to the shallow end. He was fearless in the pool.
As for me, their independence made for some relaxing and lazy summer days.
And for the record, not sure what everyone's beef is about being pregnant in the summer. Lounging in a swimsuit and at the pool everyday was absolutely fabulous.
Although the pool temperatures are dropping, hopefully our 90 degree weather will allow for a few more days in the pool before we surrender to fall completely.

5 comments:
i think you need to make your blog private. reason number 100 for me to do it to mine now.
What?! Now I have to actually visit your blog anytime I want to know what's going on with you guys instead of using my reader? Boo! I don't care about your family's privacy. What about my convenience?
i know silvs, i hate it too, but as soon as i saw some random guy looking at pics of my kids, i had to do it. maybe after some time passes i will "unprivate" the blog.
It is such joy to see your very sweet children! I am glad you have enjoyed this summer...and we will all look forward to meeting the next one! Glad you are doing well.
It's amazing how quickly kids adapt to the water. I have to say, I'm glad the hot weather is staying just a little longer too. I haven't gotten enough swimming time.
Post a Comment