Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chase is three

So my baby boy turned 3 yesterday. It's hard to believe. With the party already behind us, I tried to make the actual day special.

We started with a pajama run to get donuts. with sprinkles. Chase insisted on wearing this hat to the donut shop that he got from nursery on Sunday.
We went to school where they sang him happy birthday and he "blew" out the candles. We also brought the cutest little cupcakes that we made, which I forgot to take pictures of.
And he got a new birthday crown from his teacher.
After school was McDonalds playground. Has a little case of birthday crown hair.

Chase said he wanted pancakes for dinner. Lucky for us kids eat free on Tuesdays at Dennys. Perfect.




Back at home we opened presents (this is the Lightning McQueen church bag my sister made him).


Chase was INSISTING that for his actual birthday he wanted a cake. With all the leftover cupcakes I already had from the party and from school, I was not about to make a cake. Luckily, I had extra batter left from the mini cupcakes, so I made a tiny cake, which I let Chase decorate how he pleased. Green and orange. His favorite colors.
I had to include this sequence of pictures of Chase blowing out his candles. It took him about 20 tries. I could not stop laughing. And I swear they were just regular old candles.



Now it is time to start talking about his next birthday. Believe me, the talk has already started.

6 comments:

Amy Sue said...

Happy Birthday Chase!

kelly l said...

i like the picture of him with his crown hair. he looks all grown up. and maybe you need to practice blowing with the poor kid so he can get it right for his next bday. i'm glad he had fun. and the countdown to his next bday has begun.

BBS said...

Happy b-day to Chase! So fun to read about all the fun.

B said...

I swear every time I read about this kid it adds one extra day to my life from all the laughing. Love him!

Kady said...

Nice work Laura! Looks like a great birthday. Will you take me on a pajama donut run for my birthday? I can't stop thinking about them!

leigh said...

that sounds like the greatest birthday EVER! next year can i come home for my birthday and will you do all of those things for me? i love chases pictures of blowing out his candles. so funny.