Tuesday, March 9, 2010

happy un-month day to you

so my sweet little girl, who does not get near enough blog attention, turned 9 months sometime between the end of February and the beginning of March (since her b-day is the 29th).


unlike her brother, who was practically walking by now, she has not yet started to crawl. I feel ok with this, as she is so good natured. She does manage to get places between rolling and scooting. I can often find her in these such predicaments:


she is already showing "laura-like" traits by preferring me to do things for her. like insisting that I hold her bottle for her, even though I know she can do this on her own. And when I hand her a piece of food, and she will bend her mouth down to my hand.

her eyes are a mystery to me. despite the fact that the only person in our families with blue eyes is my Mom, her eyes remain a grey-blue. I keep waiting for them to change to brown, but my pediatrician just told me that most babies eyes don't change after 6 months. Anyone experience anything older than 9 months?

Her recent skills include clapping and waving. And this really is the look she has on her face 90% of the time. She weighed in at 18lbs 2oz at the doctor. she has the cutest, chunkiest thighs you ever saw. who knew that those 2 adjectives could go together.

5 comments:

kelly l said...

i'm so glad you gave mia some blog attention. she's looking so cute and like she's getting some hair. i wish kate would take cues from mia and start rolling around and being happy on her belly. she's never going to crawl. hurry up and come visit us.

Holly said...

She is soo dang cute!! I think it was the second pic down, she looks like Leigh to me? Is that weird to think that?? And my 6month old weighed in at 18lbs 4oz at her apt last week... talk about thighs!! Next time I am there we need to get together with kids too.

Shumway FAM said...

Mama Mia is so cute! love the post. hoping to see you in April...
love to you all. xoxoxox, love aunnt cari

leigh said...

oh that was such a good post! she is absolutely adorable! i want to kiss her cheeks so bad.

JS said...

She is SOOO cute!

and Berkleigh's eyes were blue for a long time, and they didn't turn hazel until after 11 months, happened to one of berkleigh's friends too... but how fun to have a blue eyed baby...