Every night, like millions of other parents, I go in to check on my kids before I turn in for the night. As I look at my sleeping babies, my heart is so full it feels like it will burst. Resisting the urge to crawl in bed with Chase, sweet memories of him from our day run through my head.
Making Mia giggle like crazy, and loving it.
Dancing to his music in the car, asking me to “turn it WOUDER”
Bringing Mia 20 books from his room to read to her.
Dragging his stool across the kitchen to come “help” make dinner.
Asking to hold hands during our nightly prayers.
To name a few.
What is forgotten in this moment are all of the “bad” moments from the day. Or really, they don’t seem so bad anymore.
Like dumping his toys across the room after I just cleaned up. Did I really get THAT upset about that? He is only 2.
Or pouring ingredients in that I wasn’t ready for while “helping” make dinner. Did I really need to get so frustrated? He was just trying to help.
Or laying on top of Mia for the 10th time after I told him not too. Did I really need to raise my voice? He just loves her.
And like every night, as I stare at this slumbering boy who looks like he could do no wrong, I make a new resolve. Tomorrow, I will be more patient. Tomorrow, I will remember he is only 2. Tomorrow, I will not get so upset. Tomorrow…yes, tomorrow I will be better.
3 comments:
well your kid does wear girl glasses. but seriously, we all just do the best we can and we're not perfect and sometimes we get frustrated. lucky for us, kids forget real easy. you're a great mom. don't worry so much.
very very very true
such a beautiful post.
Post a Comment