Chase wants to help me cook every meal. Every. Meal. Everytime I go in to the kitchen to start making anything... breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts... Chase drops whatever he is doing, grabs "his" stool and scoots it over to come help out. You must think this is somewhat annoying. It is. You might wonder if it doubles the time it takes me to make a meal. It does. You are probably envisioning the mess I have to clean up all over the counters and floor after every meal. Because, yes, I do. Not to mention the numerous toe injuries I have endured by the stool being shoved around the kitchen to get right up in my grill. You are now thinking I am crazy and why don't I just hide said stool. Well, here's the thing. I kind of, sort of, love that he wants to help out all the time. Because I am sure there will be a day when the last thing he wants to do is help me cook in the kitchen. And you know what? It is good (although not clean) entertainment. Plus, I am getting pretty creative in finding what things he helps with (even though stirring and pouring is always a big hit), like washing the potatoes, or lining things up on a cookie sheet, or handing me an ingredient.
Now I think this cook needs a certain Grandma to make him an apron with his name on it...you know who you are.
Now I think this cook needs a certain Grandma to make him an apron with his name on it...you know who you are.
3 comments:
yeah really grandma, get with it. where'd you get that stool? i'm sick of my kids pushing a chair to the counter. i just wish i had more floor space in my kitchen. just wait until you have two kids fighting for space to help and yes, they will stop wanting to help and just want to watch sportscenter.
Send Chase my way please!!! Love that kid and I've never met him but I could use a little helper.
So cute! You have a great perspective on his frequent messy meal making attempts. It is so tough to let the boys help. Thankfully, they don't always want to help. Now, that I've said that I want them to help more. Hmm... guess the only thing to do is embrace the messes.
Post a Comment