I decided mod podge is not Chase friendly, so I worked on these during Chase's nap while Mia happily watched from her bumbo. Isn't she cute?
As I was admiring my finished project, something clicked. You see, I am not a super crafty person. But I get it now. I get why people enjoy it. In the world of never ending tasks that is the reality of the stay-at-home-mom, it is something that can be finished and you feel accomplished. As opposed to the daily grind of cooking, cleaning, laundry, dishes that is NEVER ENDING. Sometimes it can get you down.
This is also why I LOVE to do lists. It makes me feel like I actually did accomplish something at the end of the week. I diligently write my to do list every Monday morning. And I don't get carried away and write a bunch of lofty goals that I just know I won't do. So I seriously write stuff like "laundry" and "grocery shopping". No, seriously, I write those things. Every week. Because I have to be able to cross some stuff off. And man, doesn't it just feel great to cross things off? Do you ever do something and then think "Dang it, that wasn't on the list" and then hurry to the list to write it down and cross it off. Oh yes, I do this. Not that anyone ever sees this list but me. Because at the end of the week I want to look at all of those things crossed off and feel like I accomplished something. And just in case Matt asks what I did, I need proof that I was productive (although after Chase was born and I was staying at home for the first time Matt would come home and ask what I did that day and I would respond "Kept your child alive").
Anyway, I digress. The Halloween craft is super cute and you should make some too.
7 comments:
I'm totally a list person too...but I go beyond "grocery shop." I always put "eat breakfast" "eat Lunch." Hey it takes time to do those things, so shouldn't I be allowed to cross them off my list?
cute pumpkins by the way
your mason jars turned out very cute. you are now officially addicted to crafts. soon you'll be running to the scrapbook store. i don't love lists because i'll make a list of the things i need to clean and then when i don't do them, then i'm like "list, schmist." i do make grocery lists, but that's about it and costco lists and i try to make a list of my dinners for the week, but that's about it. i feel no need to justify my doings to wade. i just tell him to stick it.
very good looking indeed. might just have to whip some up! LOVE to-do lists. my feelings exactly.
I feel the same way about making lists and adding things just to cross them off. Danior does the same thing as Matt. Everyday he comes home from work and asks, "So, what did you do today?" If husbands REALLY knew what we did all day... they would be SOOOO thankful to be at work!
so i had looked at this post and then never read it. ha! it was so funny! "kept your child alive!" ha that is SO good! way to bring back the funny in your posts. kelly is funny too, but lets be real, i dont think laura will be going to the scrapbook store anytime soon. lets not talk crazy!
Those jars are very cute. Next time you try a craft you should invite me and teach me how. If I try crafting on my own it comes out pretty scary.
I saw those guys somewhere else too. They are cute. Thought about it.. but not this year. :)
Good job, and yes Mia is SOO SOO SOO cute.
Post a Comment