Friday, October 9, 2009

A Mom Cut

About 6 months ago, I attempted to give Chase his first haircut. It didn't look too great. I was telling my sister Kelly that I cut his hair myself (since she is constantly plaguing me that his hair is too long), and her response was "Great, you gave him a mom cut", referring to kids whose hair is obviously being cut by the mom. Not wanting Chase to be ridiculed further, I took Chase to get a hair cut, as documented in this post. I have paid to get it cut once again since then. But here is the thing I have realized with little boys. Their hair constantly needs cutting. And I am not sure if I am willing to pay for it every time. So I dusted off my hair scissors once again and gave chase a trim. What do you think? Here is another angle. I did put some gel in it to mask mistakes, and I am not showing you the back....

4 comments:

Rachel said...

i like it. doesn't look like a mom cut to me. good job!

kelly l said...

his hair can probably handle a mom-cut because it's all curly whatever. it's my boys where it was terrible and my boys that HAVE to have their hair cut every month. actually drew could have his big old head cut every 3 weeks. next friday. only seven more days for him! yipee and good cutting skills. and so what if i bug you about your kid's crazy hair?

Holly said...

invest in some hair clippers and start practicing now so you will be good by the time he is old enough to know you jacked his hair up! then you can do matt's too :)

xcdenke said...

I think you did a great job. Now, that being said, why doesn't Relief Society have an Enrichment night about how to cut our kids hair?