One of my favorite parts of the day is when I am putting Mia to sleep, giving her last feeding of the day. I love snuggling her. I love the 15 minutes of peace and quiet I get. Just her and I. Rocking in the dimly lit nursery, listening to the hum of the fan. With no interuptions (besides the occasional naked Chase running in the room fresh out of the bath). I love inhaling her sweet scent. I love smothering her with kisses. I get my best thinking of the day done during these precious 15 minutes.
The last couple of nights I have been pondering life. You see, I read a lot of blogs. And a pretty decent variety. And sometimes, reading all those blogs makes me feel like this: Not. Good. Enough. Not good enough cook. Not fun enough Mom. House not decorated cute enough. Not crafty enough. Closet not full of enough cute clothes. Do you get my drift?
But I was thinking. Maybe I limit my meals to 5 ingredients and 30 minute prep. At least I cook (most nights). Maybe we don't go on super fun outings all the time. At least my kids are happy and loved. And we enjoy simple pleasures, like making cookies and building trains out of diaper boxes. And you know what? I am dang fun. Maybe I still have quite a few bare walls in my house. At least I keep my house pretty clean (if you don't count the constant kid clutter that never seems to go away). Maybe craftiness isn't my thing. I am better at buying things. Maybe I don't have the time to go shopping these days. At least I change out of my pj's and get some make up on before my husband gets home. Maybe for me, for now, that is enough.
11 comments:
Another profound post Laura. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
You have a wonderful way of writing.
for real....
Looking at Mia in her crib, Chase running around naked after a bath. Well, it doesn't get better than that! It's more than enough.
you forgot HOT you are so HOT
oh I totally know where you are coming from. At times I intentionally don't read blogs because I don't want to feel the things you mentioned - on good days I can look and not feel inadequate afterward, but more often then not, I too feel not.good.enough. i imagine even the people who seem to have it all feel the way we do - or maybe that is something i just tell myself! ha ha. thanks for keeping it real - you're not alone! and i am all for a quick and easy dinner!
great post. i always feel like that when i read people's status on facebook, like wow, i must be the most boring mom on the planet. oh well. what my kids don't know won't hurt them. cute pic of mia in her crib. and i think you are DANG fun!
i am SO with you on this one! it can be downright depressing to see everyone else's evidently perfect lives sometimes. but you are right, you are fun. and brooke is right, you are HOT. and your home is lovely. we all strive for more, but you are doing great!
Amen sista.
i totally agree with you! life doesnt get that much better. and youre pretty dang funny too!
AMEN! THank you for that.
She is so stink'n cute! I cannot believe how big she is getting. Amen to all that. I'm lucky if I where make-up at all during the week. At least you can find comfort in knowing how imperfect we all really are no matter what people post on their blogs. The greatest part is that you have SO many talents other people don't. So there!
Post a Comment