7:25AM Woken up by the kids. It is amazing that they seem to get up at the same time each day. Either that or Chase wakes me up (since he runs in the room screaming that he has to go pee) and then I realize that Mia is making quiet noises and she likely has been awake for a while and I just haven't heard her.
7:40AM make my way downstairs and make, feed (Mia, not Chase) and clean up breakfast.
and yes, Chase insists on eating his breakfast standing at the counter everyday. And he still insists on eating on his Christmas plate everyday. There are just some fights not worth having.815 - 9AM Mad dash to get myself and kids ready and out the door (and arrive late to school as always).
Finally ready, and already pulling his snacks out of his lunch box to eat.

9:15AM Drop Mia off at Grandma Ann's so she can get her beauty sleep. (My Mom was not happy that I was taking her picture with no hair or make up done, but I think she looks cute, don't you?)
920AM Arrive at school 20 minutes late. Enjoy the following activities:
Making crafts
Playing with toys
Teacher time. This was Chase's turn to go put his leaf on the felt board. He put it up and ran back to me. Which is why he is blurry. I am lucky I got the shot.
Outside playtime.
Dance/Music time. He loves the pom poms. I can add these to my blackmail photos.
12pm Go pick up Mia and Grandma for lunch at McDonalds (Luckily there is Subway next door)
1:15PM Get home, read books, and put both kids down for naps (BLISS)


(I can finally show off the cute quilt and pillow shams my Mom made Chase. She is the best. I wanted "vintage baseball" theme, and couldn't find it anywhere to buy)
I recover the house from the morning chaos, pay some bills, do some relaxing.
4pm Kids are up and we are working on making some Valentines.

5PM Work on dinner, build our daily train tracks. We wait and hope Dad makes it home in time for dinner today (which is not most days)
530pm Lucky for us, we have a family dinner tonight. Want to know what we ate? Check it out here. I think Chase stayed in his seat like this for about 2 minutes.
6:30pm Bath time. What did I tell you about this girl always having a letter in each hand.
Soon joined by Chase, which means Mia didn't last too much longer in the tub.
7PM Bedtime for Mia and we say goodbye to Matt for the night (who has young mens, followed by basketball). (Side note: I was just noticing how this picture highlights those fantastic post partum baby hairs that are growing back. Lovely.)

30 seconds after above picture was taken, Chase comes running into our room like this:

Note that our room is UPSTAIRS and the very last bedroom. And that carton is more than half full. And he has to get a stool to reach the milk in the fridge.
7pm - 830pm I bribe Chase into finishing up dinner and helping clean up toys, we watch a little tv, play some games, and hang out.
Read some books, brush teeth, say prayers and goodnight Chase. I love you, but I am officially sick of you today.
845-11pm. Relax, and think about doing something remotely productive.
10 comments:
Sounds like the perfect day to me, and glamorous. Someday you will look back and wish you still had those days of little ones. So enjoy. P.S. The picture of me getting Mia in the morning, I look just like my mom. Scary .
Ann looks great for not having hair or make up done. Sounds like a pretty great day to me too! It all gets a little old some days, but your doing a great job at it!
that looked like a fun day. i can't let drew see those pictures of mom and me because he would be super jealous. actually, i'm a bit jealous. i wish i could take drew to mom and me and have grandma watch kate. that would be nice. oh well. and look at you getting all crafty with stamps for valentines. drew bought gforce valentines for his 3 friends. and i wish i could click on the picture of chase's bedding so i could see it better. AND, here's the last and, i LOVED that chase brought the milk all the way upstairs. hilarious.
I loved reading this--!
The quilt for Chase is absolutely darling...fun to see what his class is like and the photo of the milk jug is unbelievable but gives us an insight as to what your day is like.
i feel like i just hung out with you all day! and i loved it. mom looks beautiful in both of those photos. and i love the picture of mia at breakfast, her facial expression is so cute!
That was a great post to read! Thank you for sharing your life with us. Those kids are blessed to have you for their mommy!
I love these kinds of posts. I like knowing how others spend their days. It makes me feel good that "relax" is part of naptime.. cause that is all I do. I never clean during nap time. :)
all i can say is that is a huge bed for such a little child...and your mother is awesome..with or without make up AND for making the pillow cases
sounds like a great day! very productive. we moms need to remind ourselves how much we actually accomplish each day, don't you think? byw, the picture showing off your baby hairs reminded me that i totally forgot about that side effect of having kids! not looking forward to that part one bit. didn't my hair just get back to normal?
haha. loved it. and just for the record, i made it thru this post, but i guess i count as a sister right....so maybe that was assumed that i'd make it thru it. lol. love ya tons. you're such a cute mommy. and wife
Post a Comment