In my previous life before I had children, I didn't think people actually got days off for Martin Luther King Day and Presidents Day (other than government employees, of course). I just knew these days meant lighter traffic. Low and behold, Matt gets both of these holidays off. And to stay at home Mom's like myself, you know a holiday for your husband means a holiday for you. The previous 2 years we have enjoyed MLK day in Santa Barbara. This past MLK was the start of
STORM WATCH 2010 here in so cal, so we opted to stay home. President's Day seemed like the perfect day to head up to Santa Barbara, and let me say, with 75 degree weather, it did not disappoint. Included in the day was a trip to the Santa Barbara zoo, which is worth a visit.
Mia taking a snooze at the zoo...forgive me, I just can't resist a picture of a sleeping baby.
I thought Kady was kidding when she told us to bring our cardboard. She wasn't. Luckily there was plenty of cardboard to go around.
Looking forward to the next holiday I never knew existed.
4 comments:
laura, your blog is really awesome. i very much enjoy it. now i need to go to bed
what is on the ground where chase is sliding? that looks fun. i wish we had 75 degrees on monday and a trip to the zoo. whatever. we had rain instead.
you did not supply enough photos in this post to please me. chase looks so dang cute in that first one. and cram it, i dont want to hear you boast about 75 degree weather.
I too want to know what Chase is sliding on - astroterf?? (sp?) Heck, I would be doing that- looks way fun. You guys ever been ice blocking? SO fun. Oh, and I had to say that I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Jon dresses Rowan in crazy combos cause he's not much into style himself. He's a jeans and t-shirt kind of fella. Grab a shirt, grab some jeans, done. Guess he uses that same concept with Rowan. :0) Ha ha.
Post a Comment