
do you ever have those moments - not just in motherhood, but in life in general - where you just start feeling comfy. Like you finally figured things out. Things are good. Things are easy. As soon as you start feeling this way, you know you are in trouble.
just a few weeks ago, I started feeling this way, with the whole 2 kid thing. I had just put Chase down for a nap - with absolutely no protest whatsoever - and then placed Mia in her crib for her nap, and went downstairs for some peace and quiet. I thought "wow, my kids are just so good. synchronized napping and putting up no fight whatsoever. you know, I think having 2 kids is a piece of cake."
no sooner had the thoughts entered my mind than Mia started crying and crying and crying. I spent the next 30 minutes or so getting her to go to sleep ...something I hadn't had to do in a long time. This was the start of a week of uncooperative kids. Frequent night wakings from both, much time and effort spent on getting Mia to nap, and tantrums from Chase (refer to previous post). The main culprit was a bad virus we all got. Mia got the brunt as we left the doctor's office last week with 2 ear infections and a nebulizer to help her with her wheezing cough.
we are finally getting back on track. things are looking good. I don't dare say out loud (or think it) that they are great.
2 comments:
you are turning into a cynic like me. whenever the day is going too smoothly i brace myself!
there's always something. life can never be easy breezy, but oh well. i'm glad mia's feeling better. that picture of her is super cute.
Post a Comment