Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tis the Season

We have officially kicked off the holiday season.

As an Anderson family first, we started an advent calendar this year. I LOVED advent calendars growing up, so I was SO excited to start one with Chase. And I was extra excited to inherit my Mom's (unless Leigh steals it from me later in life). I had to break the news to Leigh that she wouldn't be getting an advent calendar this year. I guess you are officially all grown up.
I realize when I need to add presents for other children in the future, I will need to buy smaller gifts.


And I couldn't wait to come home from Utah and get out all of the Christmas decorations. I absolutely love having the house lit up with Christmas lights every night. Chase was extremely excited to decorate as well, especially the tree. Isn't he great at it?
I am such a mean mom, I couldn't even wait until he went to bed to rearrange all of his hard work.

What is funny is the last 2 years I was so concerned about Chase getting into the ornaments and all the Christmas decorations, and he really hardly touched any of it. THIS YEAR, however, he can't keep his hands off of the ornaments. He pulls them down everyday. And has batting practice on the ball ornaments. Maybe this should have been the year to decorate the tree on the top portion only...

3 comments:

kelly l said...

yeah, you definitely have big presents on that calendar. some of my presents are like 1 hershey's kiss or 1 mini milky way. a big present was a ring pop or nail polish. chase is living the high life. i think he also has a future in decoration for sure. i want to see you stocking hangar thingy. post please.

JS said...

Your advent calendar rocks! That is amazing! I want all those presents. :)

I am glad I am not the only one with crazy kids who are very attentive to the christmas tree. It is a constant reminder not to touch...

ahh, oh well.

leigh said...

ya Jen, it does rock. Hence I still got a little teary eyed when I saw it hanging in your house instead of right outside my bedroom in moms house. being an adult sucks. im glad chase likes it. i cant wait to see him in a week from today!!! so crazy.