Chase has a love/hate relationship with Santa. He talks about him all the time, but does NOT want him to come to our house. He is pretty adamant about this. Says it several times a day. In fact, he woke up crying in the middle of the night and when Matt went to console him he said "I don't want Santa to come". Who knew Christmastime could be so scary. I have repeatedly told him over and over that Santa brings toys, and Santa is so nice, and he loves kids. We had already discussed that Santa was going to bring Chase a scooter. So Chase came up with this idea: "Mom, how about Grandma buy me a shed (for his trains that he had already discussed with Grandma) AND a scooter." I could see his little mind working. How can I get my toy and not have Santa come. I explained that Grandma could not get both toys. After some discussion, we came up with a compromise. Chase wanted to write Santa a letter (actually, he wanted to know if I had Santa's number so I could call him, and I told him that we write letters to Santa), this is what he dictated (almost verbatim):
So here to my dilemna. I REALLY want to have Santa bring the presents to OUR house. I just loved as a kid waking up to presents from Santa and it felt so magical. Plus, I don't want to haul them to my parents. Do you think it is so mean if we don't talk about Santa coming anymore and just have the presents show up at our house? Do you think after the fact he would be upset?
8 comments:
Rylee is the same way. She told me Santa cannot come to our house because he would take her home with him because she is so cute. So, I was told to meet Santa on the corner to pick up presents.
just don't talk about it anymore and have his eyes bug out on christmas morning with all the presents. he'll get over it. ....or maybe not :) can't wait to hear how it goes
actually, this couldnt be more ideal. obviously chase is not ok with santa coming to your house, so all you have to do is bring them to our house and have him open all of his presents with us. done and done.
one year seth was really worried about santa coming to our house. i reassured him that santa would NOT be going into his room and that he was only going to bring presents to the tree. seth was ok with that. so you could just tell chase that he won't see santa at all. but also, i probably would just stop talking about it unless chase brings it up. good luck.
kelly - believe me, i have even told Chase that Santa could leave the presents on the front porch, and he wasn't cool with that. Tonight, I even asked Chase if we could meet Santa outside the gate (per Karissa's comment), he didn't like that idea either.
tell your kid not to be such a wimp then. seriously! he must get it from his dad!
Oh that is so sweet and so sad at the same time. How smart is he to figure it out that Santa can bring the toys to grandma's insteed. So cute!
Oh and I love how he includes his little sis, so sweet!
Post a Comment