Monday, December 7, 2009

rain, rain, go away

Today was a rainy day. Actually, I kind of love rainy days, since we don't get many of them. I just need to remember this key factor in enjoying them: stay home. The day was already off to a rocky start when I scalded my hand with boiling water. SCALDED! It hurt all day. It still hurts. I have blisters to prove it. I should have just stayed home. But I had already made plans with my mom to run to Costco to pick up our Christmas pictures and then have lunch. And sometimes the prospect of staying in ALL day with kids is overwhelming. Well you know what is more overwhelming? Leaving the house on a rainy day with 2 kids. Especially when your 2 year old cries over getting wet. And then we weren't the only ones who thought soup and sandwiches at Panera Bread was a great idea on a rainy day. And then I poured my entire cup of ice water all over my pants. At least I had a cool place to relieve my burning, throbbing hand. That and it looked like I peed my pants. I left and vowed to change into sweats and not leave the house the rest of the day.
After recharging while the kids napped, we reaped our rewards from our Costco trip and made a gingerbread house.

Although I had to keep explaining to Chase that the candy was to decorate NOT to eat. I can see how this is confusing to a 2 and a half year old. He kept asking "Just for looking at?" But still spent most of his time "Just having a lick"

And then I later caught him having some more "licks". I have decided that gingerbread houses are just torture for 2 and a half year olds. Here is a big pile of cookies, candy and frosting just to look at all day long. Who thought that was a good idea?

4 comments:

kelly l said...

i stayed at home in sweats all day since it was 18 degrees here.

Ann said...

Chase, you did such a good job on your gingerbread house. I think its the best one I have ever seen. P.S. after Christmas you can eat it!

leigh said...

i want to make a gingerbread house SO BAD!!!! im so jealous of you. chase is a funny kid.

Heather said...

funny story, and so true! who the heck did think it would be fun for little kids to decorate something with sugary goodness and NOT eat it??! must have been a man's idea.