Chase has just been saying the funniest things lately. Forgive me while I indulge myself by sharing a few stories.
Story #1 We were trying to teach Chase how to say "cup", but he would say "pup". We kept telling him to say other words that started with C, which he could say, and then said, "now say CUP" and he said "PUP". Matt - getting a little frustrated - said "Chase, look at my mouth CUP". Chase replied "Daddy, look at my mouth PUP"
Story #2 As a background to this story, Chase is a very loud kid. Especially in settings where we need to be quiet, like Church, and I am constantly trying to teach him how to use an inside voice, which hasn't been working. So anyway, the other night I was reading Chase some books in bed. We were snuggling so my mouth was close to his ear. I was getting very dramatic in my story telling and guess my voice got a little loud. Chase pulled his head back, looked at me, and said "Mommy, that was too loud" and then in a quiet whisper he said "talk like this".
Story #3 We went to go look at a double stroller that I was going to order online. Chase was very excited about the prospect of a stroller that he and Mia could sit in, so he was not very happy when we left the store without the stroller. On the way home we tried explaining that we were going to buy it and it would get delivered to our house. He didn't seem to get that, so I said, "Chase, the mailman is going to bring in to Chase's house." Chase responded, "No, Mail LADY". (you see our "mailman" is a woman). Thank you Chase for keeping it PC.
8 comments:
hilarious. I can totally hear the first story played out. I can see matt getting frustrated and saying, LOOK AT MY MOUTH. You are such good parents. thanks for sharing your stories.
Love the picture and love the kid! I need to come see your kids again!
i like the mail lady story. the first story reminded me of seth when he was a bit younger than chase and instead of saying "again," he would say "nah." don't ask why. and wade trying to do the same idea said to seth say "ah-gain" and seth responded with "ah-nah." love kid stories.
i love that kid. i love that shirt. i love that photo. i love those stories. i could read stories about my nieces and newphews all day long
Oh man...kids. This is the best part about being home. Speaking of which, when are you guys going to invite me up to hang?
I am absolutely laughing my head off. Fantastic stories!
Such cute stories. You are going to be so glad when he is older that you posted these...because it is such a great way to remember.
You always were (are) such a smart girl! Yes, we are thrilled to have our first granddaughter!!
These two year olds are so smart and witty! Gotta love them, they make life so much better!!!
Post a Comment