something had to be done with Chase and his new antics since Mia was born. A few weeks ago he starting bugging me about getting a "Mack truck" (aka the truck from the movie "Cars" that his cousin had). I thought this would be the perfect prize for completing a behavior sticker chart. It took a lot of explaining to Chase that he had to earn 55 stickers before getting the truck. I kept telling him he had to "earn" the truck and so he told me "let's go earn it". Also, after each sticker earned he said "I want a mack truck". Well he finally earned all 55 stickers this past Saturday (we are lenient sticker givers - stickers were given for finishing meals, taking a nap without complaining, being nice to friends, cleaning up toys, etc. However, I think a few stickers mysteriously ended up on the chart that weren't supposed to be there...guess I should put the stickers out of Chase's reach.) To say he was excited when he got the Mack truck is an understatement. And the truck has provided endless entertainment since Saturday. So in all, the sticker chart has been a win-win and I highly recommend it to anyone else with a terrible two on their hands. I can't wait to start our next chart.
5 comments:
good job chase. i've been trying to get drew motivated with a sticker chart, but so far no luck. he's been a major stinker lately!
Good job laura!!! You guys rock. Hailey has a job chart and that is how she earns toys at Target..I don't know if you go through this but she always wants something when we go to Target. We gotta do whatever motivates them huh? So funny how he remembered that toy...is it from jennie's house?? Take care and see ya on Sunday.
such a great idea! Jen has a similar sticker chart for C and he has to earn 15 stickers to go miniature golfing. It works great!
Yeah, I'll have to try it. I didn't think the chart would work this young. Cool! One more way to help a tantrum is a plus in my book. But, we are having a lot of success with 1-2-3 Magic. You have to try it!!
is this the truck that opens, and if so, where did you find it. we wanted to get that for Tobes for his bday in a few days...
Post a Comment