Our little Mia was one month old yesterday. It has been the fastest and slowest month of my life. Does that make sense? She is such a precious addition to our family and we love her more than we thought possible.

Having baby #2 makes me realize how easy babies are. All they do is eat, sleep and cuddle. Why did I think that was so hard with Chase? I will say that I am out of my mind half the time with lack of sleep. It really amazes me that I continue to function day after day like a (somewhat) normal human being with such little sleep.
Now this one has been the source of almost losing my mind this past month:

He has had a really rough time with the change in our family dynamic. Rougher than I could have ever imagined. We have had a little of every emotion with him - aggression, overly rambunctious, jealous, needing to be held constantly...to name a few. Not to mention napping and bedtime have become major ordeals as well as waking up several times in the night (as if getting up with Mia was not enough - I have given Chase to Matt to handle). Throw on top of that getting a cold (which he shared with Mia) and a fever (which thankfully he did not share) and I think you will get an idea of how our month has been. I will say he truly loves his baby sister. But the overly loving drives me a little nuts sometimes too. I have finally realized small ways to make my life easier - like napping Mia in her room during the day rather than the family room - Chase does not wake her and I can spend some good one on one time with him. The good news is Chase is almost completely back to his normal, fun-loving, sweet, self.
8 comments:
Mia sleeping in her own room is perfect. And then he understands that he sleeps in HIS room, just like she sleeps in her room. My good friend, who went thru all this a year ago... says to her boy, "Jacob, it's your turn. come sit on my lap. Do you wanna read a book?" or fill in w/your own activity. Then when it's Mia's turn and he's having a hard time you say, "It's Mia's turn right now. you can have your turn in just a minute." or whatever might work...it seemed to work for her. and it teaches sharing at the same time. maybe? just an idea.
i want more pictures of both of those cute kiddies!!! i wish i was around to help out. im definitely not having any problems getting sleep....
luke had a really really hard time too.
him getting into trouble while feeding the baby was a big issue. in some ways #3 is easier cause they have someone to play with
i swear darby just heard me yelling her first month
one thing that helped was when i would tell him elaborate made up stories with his name and the name of his friends...knights, swords, dragons and monsters and stuff. that was the only thing that would get him close enough to me for him to sit still.
i think mia looks more like you than matt, for sure. i'm glad that things are getting better with chase. how's the waking up at night going?
She is just so sweet looking. It was very fun to read your update.
Happy 4th! Enjoy your sweet family.
Loved this post with all the things I may be in for this next month! They are both adorable-I'm sure things will just get better and better.
You need the 1-2-3 Magic book. I left a comment on your facebook about it. It really is magic. You have to try it. Keane is almost a little angel now. We still have our moments sometimes.
You need the 1-2-3 Magic book. I left a comment on your facebook about it. It really is magic. You have to try it. Keane is almost a little angel now. We still have our moments sometimes.
Post a Comment