Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chase turns 2!

So I feel like my life is passing me by. Can it slow down please? How is my baby already two? So Chase turned 2 today (well, technically yesterday, dang I am up late). I think I was more excited about his birthday than he was, because I kind of felt like it was my birthday, and I love birthdays.

We started the morning out with some delicious chocolate chip pancakes.


Our next item on the agenda was supposed to be the morning at travel town. However, due to rainy weather, we had to change our plans. So we joined Anneli and Kalia at the Topanga mall for some play, shopping, and lunch. And let's be honest, a play area and carousel is almost the same as Disneyland for a 2 year old. Plus, I was able to shop Gap Maternity, so it was a win-win.


After naptime, Chase & I made cupcakes. Yes, I really did let him help, and he is a good helper.



Then off to dinner at Stonefire - what a great pick Chase!


After dinner we opened presents, and tried out the new bike.


Last was cupcakes - and Chase even blew out his own candles! And sang Happy Birthday to himself over and over.



Note to self for future birthdays - don't make your child open a bunch of new presents at the end of the day and then tell him he needs to go to bed. This is a formula for a nightime meltdown.

It was a great day. Fortunately, these Andersons celebrate birthday weeks, so there are more festivities awaiting...

11 comments:

BBS said...

These photos are just so adorable.
What a fun day! I just love age 2...it's my favorite.
He's a very lucky boy!

xcdenke said...

Happy Birthday Chase!!! What a fun birthday you got to have. You have an AMAZING Mom! I think when it's my B-day I need to have you throw it! ;)
Wish we could have been there with the boys.

B said...

Happy Birthday Chase! We know golden birthdays are super important in our family. Lo Lo, you look like such a beautiful mom. I can't wait til you have a girl someday and I can tell her all about you and me naming my dolls after you. Love, Brooke

Silvs said...

I can't believe how much hair that little man has. It's like he's growing up or something. He's completely out of the looking like a baby part of life. Crazy. I miss you guys. Happy Birthday, Chase! That kid sure does love that Stonefire Grill.

Shumway FAM said...

happy Birthday Chasers. We sure love you. What a nice mom and dad you guys are. What I wouldn't give for a nice set of Chocolate chip pancakes some bananas, my own chair and a bib! So cute. I love that pic. love you guys.

kelly l said...

glad chase chose stonefire grill. what a smart boy. happy birthday to chase. maybe sometime drew can come to his party. did mom and dad get him that bike? that's the same one drew got for christmas. and i'm thinking that now that he's two, the next item on the agenda is a haircut.

doublej said...

What a cute post Laura-Looks like you had a great day with chase for his 2nd. Congratulations on number 2! I am so excited for you guys. That's so sweet it's a girl. It looks like it is a baby year for the family! hope you're feeling well.

Kady said...

Happy Birthday Chase! Looks like you guys had a great day! You're giving yourself a lot to live up to Laura. I try to set the expectations a little lower the first few birthdays, good for you!

leigh said...

i think this was definitely more of your day than chases. good excuse to go shopping, make treats and go out to dinner. im sure he doesnt even remember it. oh well. love you guys.

Rachel said...

whoa! how is chase 2 already?! happy birthday! so big and so handsome! you are such a fun mom, laura! good work!

Katy said...

Happy Birthday Chase! I can't believe he and Rebekah are two alreay.. time sure does fly!