Sunday, March 8, 2009

Chase's birthday - part 2

I said the celebrations were not over. I am aware that some of my "readers" may not be interested in seeing yet more of Chase and his birthday. Well, this is more for my out of town family. So we threw Chase a little party on Saturday. I had some reservations on whether I was putting too much time and effort into something he probably would not care about, but you know, he really loved it and we talked about his party all week. And after much worrying about the weather all week, it turned out to be a beautiful day at the park. If you remember last year, I spent hours making this really cute cow cake. After much searching to do a great train cake (the theme was Thomas the Train), I decided to save myself hours and much frustration, and order a cake from Ralphs. Best decision. It was very cute and tasted good. worth every penny.

On to the party pictures. Thanks Kady for taking some great pics and providing many of these.

Singing Happy Birthday. Chase sang to himself before everyone sang to him.

enjoying some delicious store bought cake.

Opening presents.

playing with the bubble maker. Thanks Anneli, this was a hit. I wish I got a picture of all the kids together, but that is nearly impossible. This is as close as it got.

6 comments:

Kady said...

Thanks for the party and introducing us to a new fabulous park! Happy Bday Chase!

BBS said...

So fun to see these darling photos of Chase...and you. Again, I love age 2.

leigh said...

such cute pictures! cant wait to see you guys in a few weeks. love you chasers!

Shumway FAM said...

happy birthday again, chasers. so cute. Love the cake. we always buy sams club cupcakes or cakes...their buttercream frosting on chocolate cake is to DIE for. seriously. now I'm so craving. see you soon.

kelly l said...

i'm glad you had another fun party. you never told me if chase liked his present from us or not. and for that matter, you never told me if he likes the christmas present we gave him. whateva!

Mandy said...

Wow I can't believe Chase is two already. How are you feeling? Can't wait to see you all next month.