I told Matt that his birthday is forever going to be trumped by Chase's. Matt's is on the 19th of March, and Chase's is on the 2nd. Last year, with the whole first birthday extravaganza, I was too pooped to plan anything for Matt's. And it was his 30th last year, so I kind of blew it.
I tried to make up for it this year by planning a mini getaway to Santa Barbara this weekend as a little birthday surprise. It was our first time getting away without Chase, and I wanted to be able to sleep in JUST ONCE before baby girl makes her arrival.
We stayed in this really cute inn right on on the beach. We enjoyed dinner out on the pier and sleeping in past 9 o'clock!!!
This is me saying, "why do I buy horizontal striped shirts when I am pregnant?" I seriously have 3. Why do they make them, and why am I drawn to buy them?
Some bike riding. I realized I am pretty slow being 6+ months pregnant. Matt made fun of me because I got passed by a runner (which picture I did not post). In my defense, she was really fast, and I was feeling extra tired this day.
Matt kept showing me his mad skills getting air on his cruiser. I kept telling him, "wow, that was at least 3 inches that time."
Brunch at our favorite - Sambos - which was just a couple of doors down from where we stayed.
enjoying the basket of mini muffins they bring you.
We ended our little trip with dinner and going to see Joel McHale with the Nielsens.
It was great, but I have to admit...I actually really missed Chase. Maybe by day 3 I would have gotten over that.
5 comments:
looks like you guys had a great time. such a good surprise for mattie. and i think you look great prego!
Laura, I was laughing out loud. You are too cute.
Ya, those horizontal stripes are a killer. You almost look as big as me, and I'm not preggers. You are hilarious. Nice call on the fun getaway. SB is always a great trip. Happy Bday this week Matt!
glad you guys had a fun time. are you sure that girl was running fast? was joel mchale funny? i didn't realize that it was saturday.
Sounds like a very fun weekend. I just loved to see you pregnant...don't think I ever got to see you with Chase. You are adorable.
Post a Comment