Wednesday, March 25, 2009

31 years

Happy 31st Birthday to Matt !!! (last week) Matt received this really cute email from this sweet 90 year old man in our ward on his birthday, wishing him a happy birthday and complementing Matt on his dedication and his wardrobe (specifically his snazzy light colored suits while all the other men wear dark). The last line was "many years ago I wore light clothes too and had a little life." It made me think how I will look back on my life in my old age and will it pass by quicker than I anticipate. I guess we should enjoy these "young years" we have.

So the day of Matt's birth was pretty low key. We didn't even see Matt before he left for work, so we called him first thing when he woke up and Chase sang the whole "Happy Birthday" song by himself . After work, we enjoyed a family dinner out and came back for cupcakes. Chase insisted on helping Matt blow out his candles, and then wanted to re-light candles on his own cupcake to blow out.


Matt already bought his own birthday present the night before - which he has been really excited about. Not sure how I feel about adding another extra curricular activity that involves me staying home by myself with kids, but I still supported the purchase.



On Saturday I hosted the Anderson monthly family party to celebrate the March birthdays. I had to post this pic of our bro in law James pinning Matt down while all the nieces and nephew attacked. In Matt's defense, I think James is pretty strong.

2 comments:

leigh said...

sounds like mattie had a great bday. and i bet there is no better way to spend it then with chasers helping to blow out the candles.

kelly l said...

happy belated to matt. i don't know why i missed this post last week. tell matt i'll work on figuring out his e-card soon. in my defense, i've been busy cleaning out kids' rooms, doing laundry, and now my back hurts. i'm sure he'll cry a tear of sympathy for me.