Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas came, and went.

So I am suffering from post Christmas depression. All the anticipation, preparation, build up, and then BAM, it is over. We were taking down all the Christmas decorations today and Chase said "Mom, I am a little sad Christmas is over." I replied "Me too." And then he asked me if we were going to put up spring decorations next (I guess we went from Halloween to Thanksgiving to Christmas decorations). I told him it was still winter (not like I have "spring" decorations anyway) to which he replied "well then we need to put the decorations back up!" I think "Christmas" and "Winter" are one in the same to a Southern Californian 3 year old.

Nonetheless, we had a fab Christmas. And best of all, my sister and her family joined us this year...which is the first time in 8 years.

Christmas Eve


Just some angels and shepherds during a not-so-reverent account of Jesus' birth.


And I know you were worried, so YES I got the Christmas jammies done. Not bad for a rookie.


Christmas Morning


Chase told me that "Santa is the nicest guy in the whole wide world". Is it just me or is it a little hard giving Santa all the credit. Plus, even the toys from us Chase still says were from Santa.

Over to Grandma and Grandpa's to open more presents with the cousins.

And Christmas dinner at Matt's brother's house. Kind of bummed that I didn't get all the cousins together for a picture. But there are 17 of them...this is as good as it probably was going to get.

Farewell Christmas season. See you again in (what will feel like) 3 months.

4 comments:

leigh said...

those are some good photos of the cousins, and i didnt even take them! HA. i think im more sad that kelly and the kids are gone then that christmas is over.

BBS said...

So very fun to see these photos and hear how Christmas was! The jammies are so cute--you amaze me! Happy New Year!!

Heather said...

I'm a little jealous that your kids have cousins so close to their age. How fun for them. And your Christmas jammies are adorable.

kelly l said...

love all those pictures. i'm kind of sad that christmas is over, but i'm also kind of ready to get the kids back in school. thanks for everything at christmas. it was so fun.