What I have been thinking about the most is the people in my life. I am surrounded by amazing people and I am so lucky. It is truly the people in your life that bring you happiness. not things. I would rather live in a cardboard box than live without these people.
My Husband. He is amazing. Seriously, I could not be more lucky that he came into my life. He is thoughtful. He planned this amazing surprise night out with my friends for my birthday. Escalade limo and night out on the town included. Had been planning it for months. He is a hardworker. I get to be a stay at home Mom because of his hard work and support. He is a man of God. He honors his priesthood. He loves me. Even when I am difficult. Which is often.
My kids. I never knew joy until I had children. And when I was pregnant with Mia, I couldn't understand how I could love another, my heart was too full. And then it grew. Although we have our days - who doesn't - these two bring happiness, love, laughter and warmth into my life. (although Chase told me today he was first thankful for Disneyland, and then his family)
My parents. I am so lucky that I have them close to me. I love that they want to hang out with me all the time (well most of the time). I love how much they love my kids. That I can call them and tell them funny things the kids did and they get just as much a kick out of it than I do. I love that I can go over there when I am bored and need to get out of the house. I love that they want to go to the Habit with us every Friday night. I love what a good example they are to me.
My sisters. They are truly my best friends. I love that I can call Kelly to ask her one thing and then spend an hour on the phone. I love that Wade can't stand listening to us talk because he claims we don't listen to each other - but it's what we do. I love that Leigh will come over just to hang out with me (even if I subsequently ignore her). I love how cute they are. I love that it doesn't matter how far apart we are - in location and age - it doesn't affect our relationship. I love that it is not hard work to be friends with them - it is the easiest thing in the world.
My Friends. You know who you all are. I have the best friends ever. Ever. Friends that taught me how to be a good friend. Friends that make me laugh so hard, sometimes I pee. Friends that do things for me without me asking. Friends that have been in my life for so long, that it doesn't matter how long we go sometimes without seeing each other, we always pick up where we left off. Friends who text me at the right times when I need to get out of the house. Friends who get me. Friends that push me to be better.
So there you have it. If you were in the list, I am sure you loved it. If not, maybe you are gagging. I promise to return to regulary scheduled blogging by next week, aka stories about my kids.
4 comments:
i got teary eyed while reading that. but you shouldnt be surprised by that. thats a good post, i dont appreciate that you trumped mine a little bit. i couldnt agree more with what you wrote about us sisters. and all of it too for that matter.
You are blessed and you deserve it! Glad to hear you had a great 30th b-day!
i loved your list, but i'm a little mad at you and leigh because you guys made me depressed that i live so far away.
What a beautiful post...I am so glad you enjoyed your 30th b-day! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me.
Post a Comment