
I will warn you upfront - this post is a tad indulgent. But it's my blog and if you don't like it, don't read it.
So today it happened. I turned 30. I have been somewhat dreading this day, but have lately been doing a lot of reflecting. About my life as a 30 year old. About what I accomplished in my 20's. I joked with my sister that I needed a list of things to do before you turn 30. The truth is, I feel like I have done a lot.
I graduated from college.
I got married (and oh so young as I think back now).
I have done some traveling.
I had a career.
I was able to leave the career.
I had two beautiful children.
I bought a house.
I ran a race.
but that is not all...when I think of who I was at 20 compared to who I am at 30, I like me now much better.
I am more confident.
I am more outgoing.
I have a better idea of who I am.
I have a better sense of what my style is.
I am a better daughter.
I am cuter (sorry, but true. I could post a picture to prove it - but I won't.)
I am in better shape.
I am a better friend.
I am a better cook.
I am a mother.
I feel like at 20 you are struggling to figure out who you are, where you fit in, and what you should do. At 30, I don't have it all figured out yet, but have a better sense of who I am and what I am doing. And I look forward to this next decade. To more children, more houses, more races, more vacations, more friendships, and new memories.
9 comments:
I liked it.
Happy Birthday. It isn't so bad, is it?
Happy Birthday. Ya I'm not cuter and in better shape though...maybe because i'm almost 32? Super congrats, welcome to the 30s! Its where wise women reside :)
I agree. Thanks for the inspiration, and I think you're pretty cool too.
why do all of our cousins think you are so cool!? good post. and it was your birthday so you do deserve to be a little self indulgent. but i cant help but think does all of this mean that im a lost, confused, not so in shape, not so good of a friend, or have good style cause im in my early 20s???
no leigh, it just means you will be even better in a few years. and let's be honest, you do struggle with what to do with your life. that is what life is in your early 20's
My heart is bursting with joy, gratitude and pride for having such an amazing and beautiful daugter!
i guess you are cuter without the chubby face. oh seriously, i should stop. i definitely like myself better now than i was 23 or 20. i just want to know why you forgot to mention about looking forward to five more kids in your 30s. what?
Happy Birthday. And I think you should post the 20 picture!
Post a Comment