Monday, November 1, 2010

halloween

so with much help from my mom, I MADE the kids' halloween costumes this year. and although it involved much time and effort - and I am not so sure I would recommend it - I was VERY pleased with the outcome. so without further ado I give you...

PETER PAN



I have never seen such a look of pure joy on Chase's face than when he tried on his costume for the first time.

and TINKERBELL



I was just pleased she actually kept her fairy wings on all night ($3 fairy wings from quilted bear...oh how I wish we had a store like that in CA). and thanks to Jen Scott for the inspiration for the tinkerbell costume.


Today I was asking Mia where is tinkerbell and she kept pointing to herself. Chase has been calling her tinkerbell all month and I think she now really thinks she is tinkerbell. Well, she sure makes a cute one.

Chase was just thrilled that one of his very favorite friends, Kalia, was Wendy. And Chase totally stayed in character, calling her Wendy all night.


just a couple of fairies.
it was hard to capture any good trick or treat photos. it was kind of a mad dash for candy. and then our camera battery died. I like how Chase wanted to keep holding Wendy's hand.

I think next year I may advocate store bought costumes. I can't all of a sudden get people thinking I am overly crafty. That is just too much pressure.

7 comments:

leigh said...

oh i LOVE that picture of Mia with her arms crossed! its just so cute! they were a good pair and YOU did a great job on making the costumes. ha

Evan and Amber said...

Oh my goodness...Your kids are too cute!

BBS said...

I just loved seeing these photos!! What sweet beautiful kids.

JS said...

They turned out soo good! I love it.. and in the pictures Chase LOOKS like he really believes he is Peter Pan!

Love it.

Kady said...

Too late Laura, your secret is out. You are one crafty mama. They looked adorable!

kelly l said...

oh, you know you love being crafty. good job on the costumes. they turned out very cute.

doublej said...

The costumes turned out great! The kids looked adorable. I just love how imaginative Chase seems to be. Mia was such a cute tinkerbell, and I can totally see how "in character" chase was! :)