Tuesday, November 17, 2009

best part of the day.


If you are a stay-at-home-mom, I think you will agree that one of the best parts of your day is when your husband comes home. When I hear that garage door open, a feeling of joy and relief washes over me. Especially days like today when that sound comes at the unexpected early hour of 5pm. That is the best. Especially when I am thinking I have at least another hour or 2 by myself with the kids. As long as he doesn't promise to be home early, just to be late. That is the worst. I don't know what it is, but post 4pm, the day DRAGS! Up until then, my day usually goes by quick. Once I hit that 4pm hour, I feel like there is no way I can make it until the kids go to bed. But when your husband gets home, the mood of the house flips like a switch. I go from tired, cranky mom, to happy, smiling mom. And do you too feel like your kids are suddenly ANGELS? Even the baby stops being whiny. I swear it.

And don't you wish that just once, JUST ONCE, we get that happy reception that daddy gets? When I went back to work part-time after having Chase, I thought I would get this excitement from Chase when I picked him up. I got tears. And tears for not wanting to leave Grandma, not tears of joy. I guess that is what I get for leaving him with Grandma. She is a heck of a lot nicer than Mommy. Maybe if he was left with Dad all day.....

Well, here is to having a husband. Sometimes they are nice to have around.

5 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

True True! Laura, you always say what I'm thinking.

Katy said...

It's the same at our house too. As soon as Daddy get's home, mom is chopped liver!

kelly l said...

you're getting to be such a thoughtful sentimental blogger. nice props to your husband. good job matt!

leigh said...

well wasnt that so cute. that makes me miss mattie a ton!! he is a great dad and husband. i miss chasers. a lot.

Shumway FAM said...

i think it was my mom who said 4-6pm are the "witching hours". i have always felt this way, and for the last 9 years have been so spoiled for Ry not to have to travel or commute far. you said it just right, "here's to have a hubby!" love you guys. what great parents you are!