Sunday, September 6, 2009

who do they look like?

As soon as a baby makes their appearance into this world, everyone tries to guess who they look like...mom, dad, brother, sister, aunt....it is funny how obsessed we are (myself included) with figuring out who in the family the baby is going to look most like. Several times a day I get opinions of who the baby looks like. In this post a while back, we determined that Chase looks like a clone of Matt. Mia has been a mystery as to who she looks like...and really, each kid is their own little person.

Does she look like her mommy? I think a little bit. we'll see if she ends up with any of my freckles and my brown eyes.



Take a look at this picture and let me know if she looks like this little baby. I think the resemblence is striking.


Isn't this picture great? It is my Mom and my Grandma Jytta. I think it suits Mia that her middle name is Ann after my Mom.

8 comments:

kelly l said...

i think mia definitely takes after you. i've got some baby pictures of me that remind me of the baby pictures of mom. anyhoo. in looking back at the post of chase and matt, that pic of matt in the crib could be chase if only he was holding bandit instead of a cat. and chase is a major clone of matt. i've given up on deciding who my kids look like. they're just not related.

Amy Sue said...

Mia is getting big! I love her chubby little cheeks!
I see the resemblance in the picture of your mom!

leigh said...

such a cute post!! that picture of mom and grandma almost made me cry. definitely mia looks like her grandma. and i agree with kelly...her kids all look different. i mean is wade really the father of ella??? ha

Kady said...

I think they totally look alike. That pic of your mom and grandma is awesome!

B said...

I love the picture of Grandma and your mom. I would have never seen that otherwise

Ann said...

Great post!!! Love the comparison, and the post did make me cry. My mom looked so beautiful and she truly loved me.

BBS said...

Such beautiful photos and post.
Love seeing Mia grow.

Deena said...

That is a beautiful picture of Jytta and your mom. How neat that you have it! Mia really does look a lot like her. None of my kids look like me as babies... those Svendsen genes are pretty strong!