Wednesday, August 20, 2008

do you see the resemblance?

As Chase has gotten older, I swear I thought he was looking more and more like me. I still will have people say he looks like Matt, but honestly, I really don't see it as much as everyone else does. That is until we pulled out some of Matt's baby pictures. Now we looked through these when Chase was a baby (as everyone pulled out mine and Matt's baby pics to see who Chase looked like, but let's be honest, all newborns look really similar - a little funny) but I have not looked at them in a while. I was SHOCKED when I stared at pictures of little Mattie and they looked exactly like Chase to me. So here you go, tell me if you see it as well. Looks like Matt is 2 in these pictures, so he is a little older. (You should be able to tell which ones are Matt and which are Chase solely from attire and surroundings)

13 comments:

leigh said...

the one of matt at his birthday looks so much like chase! i think chase looks the most like matt when he is wearing his backwards baseball hat

agirlnamedgay said...

woah, wasn't chase born after all this stuff about cloning came out? this is very VERY suspicious... they might as well be twins.

Kady said...

You know I've been on the "Laura" side of things. Chase reminds me a lot of your dad. However, there's no disputing these pics. Chase is the spitting image of his Daddy.

Mandy said...

Oh wow, they are like twins. That is crazy cause I thought he looked like you before.

kelly l said...

yes, it is matt jr. two comments: #1 i like that matt got a shopping cart in the first picture. i hope it was pink and #2 their noses are a little different. i don't think chase totally has matt's nose. i have always thought that chase was a little matt. sorry laura. love the pictures.

kelly l said...

ok, so as i looked again, the nose is the same, the eyes are different. whoops.

brookeisacrazylady said...

wow...that is similiar.

chase has soo much hair and its so light!

i always think its great when the boy looks like dad cause you thought your hubby was cute right?

brookeisacrazylady said...

ten bucks says the next one looks like you.

Melissa said...

Wow, I always thought he looked like your dad but, I was wrong. Thats so funny. I guess we know what Chase will look like when he's older....mius the large glasses.:)

Holly said...

Thats funny cause EVERYONE thinks Kylee looks like mebut I recently found a pic of Mike at Kylee's age and she totally looks like him. I would have to say you have no part in Chases making except for being the carrier! Chase has a better tan... and he is darn cute too!

marknkim said...

Hey just dropping in again, Matt you have a "mini me"! It really doesn't matter, he's a cute guy anyway. We saw your parents this weekend in Park City, it was fun to catch up and your blog made it easier to know who is who!! Laura thanks for letting us drop in.

Shumway FAM said...

oh my gosh...where did you get a picture of matt with our cat, Tiger? Tigger? now, i can't remember the cats name....
so cute. looks so much like matt.
lvoe you guys.

Unknown said...

I sure have a handsome son and grandson...I had forgotten how you looked, Matt, when you were that age. He is definitely your son.
Dad