Sunday, September 27, 2009

gaining my trust..



The first month of Mia's life, I was surprised she was still alive to be honest. With Chase for a brother and all. Not that he didn't LOVE her, oh he did. But I couldn't leave the 2 of them unsupervised for one second. Chase tried putting pillows on her face, tried sitting on her, tried to lay on top of her, tried to pick her up...to name a few. Not to mention the yanking of arms and feet, and whacks to the head. And he really wasn't trying to be mean (for the most part), I am not really sure quite what he was thinking most of the time.

Luckily, I think it is getting MUCH better. I have actually felt ok to leave the room for 5 seconds with the 2 together. And the other day I actually let Chase HOLD Mia on the couch (as depicted in above photo) while I was doing something. And he did great...for at least 3 minutes.


In other updates, I took both kids to the doctor last week (not fun). I could not have been more proud of Chase. He got 2 shots and a finger prick to fill up 2 small straws of blood, and he didn't even flinch. Just watched the whole thing and thought the band aids were awesome. He actually hasn't cried for a shot since he was less than a year...he is one tough cookie. Mia weighed in at a petite 12lbs 6oz. And cried for her shots. You'd think from all the sibling abuse she would have toughened up by now.

3 comments:

kelly l said...

you gotta love that chase loves his sister because it will soon turn into my kids. scene: primary program. seth: turning from his seat to look at ella behind him and motioning with his fingers WEML: "whatever major loser" (from "camp rock") and then ella: motioning back by pointing at him and then a cutting motion to her throat and pointing back at him. so enjoy it while you can.

Melanie said...

I love all the pictures! It's so funny to read stories about Chase. He and Norah are so in the same place.
Let me know if you are coming up to Lombardi ranch this year. We would love to catch up with you there!

leigh said...

oh that chase is such a cute kid! im glad he is becoming responsible with his baby sister. and he looks so stinking cute with his band aids. but wait, did he get a hair cut??? the sides of his head look trimmed. im surpised kelly didnt notice. and i LOVE that story from kelly. TOO FUNNY!!!!