Saturday, August 23, 2008

how did I not know about this park?

So I just gotta tell everyone (specifically my valley peeps...except Anneli, I know you already know this one) about this great park that Chase and I went to this week. It is the Balboa Lake park and it was awesome. I have been looking for a park in our area that has the rubber top (I hate the sand). This one has brand new play ground equipment and they have a big kids playground area and a little kids area -- which is really great because the big kids play a little too rough around Chase for my liking. And the playground had canopies which offers great shade. I love that Chase is old enough to enjoy these kinds of things.


Do you know how hard it is taking a picture of your kid on the swing, while you are swinging? it is hard. this was the best I got.


The extra bonus is they have a lake with ducks. Chase thought this was really great. He and Milana fed the ducks. There was a sign that said "Don't feed the ducks", but we are kind of rebels like that. Plus I felt good about it, because I was feeding them whole wheat bread. It's not like I was throwing them junk food, which I am sure the sign is really referring to.


Val trying to keep the kiddies from jumping into the water. The water looked gross and there were lots of fish - so I was NOT down to want to jump in to save them.
side note - I don't dress Chase in the same clothes everyday - I swear - this happened to be the same day that I took the pics in the prior post - I was just a little late posting.

5 comments:

Amy Sue said...

It still weirds me out that my close friends are moms. I guess in a few years I will be looking for rubber floored playgrounds.

Mandy said...

How did you not know about that park Laura. Have you not lived in the valley your whole life? It looks a lot nicer than it was when we were younger. We used to have bike rides there when we were young women.

kelly l said...

that profile pic of him looks like you and is that red hair that i'm seeing or is that just the photo?

Liz said...

I am so jealous! I wish we had a park like that over here. Hailey would love it-the only thing is I would probably have to jump into the lake to save my water girl. Chase looks adorable and looks like he loves it! If I don't see you at the next family get together I know where you will be...:) (Dumb joke but still posting it). What size is Chase again-Aunt Liz will have to buy him some clothes...JK!

Julie and Todd said...

What a glorious discovery!