1. I have been listening to the top 40 on Saturday mornings lately. Since I am not out there hitting many clubs and parties lately, I kind of like to keep up with what is the latest music. Then the thought occured to me...at what point do we start acting like how (we thought) our parents were growing up, i.e. we think all new music on the radio is "crap" and will only listen to stuff we grew up with. I mean, I am approaching 30, does this happen at 40? Does all of a sudden I have no interest in new music and insist on listening to only 80's and 90's music?
2. The Pottery Barn kids magazine is very depressing. I don't want to look at it ever again (ok, so I know I will). I always go through the whole magazine and then chuck it on the floor and say
"that's crap, nobody's kids' rooms look like that". (the brown and yellow room is my favorite...)
"that's crap, nobody's kids' rooms look like that". (the brown and yellow room is my favorite...)And who has special kids bathrooms with mini sinks? (ok, so bathroom pictured does not have the mini sinks, but you know what I am talking about).
And who has special craft rooms for their kids where they hang all artwork and giant pencils and scissors with their kids' names on them?
And who buys an armchair with a monkey print that matches the crib sheets for $900?
Are there really people out there like this? They surely must be in the minority...so why make the rest of us
feel
bad??
feel
bad??
5 comments:
I wonder the same thing about the music too. I also wonder when I am gong to feel like an older version of myself. Cause I am 30 and I feel the same. The only people that have those Pottery Barn Kids bedrooms are the people that can also change their bedding by the season. I always wonder who can do that when I look at the Pottery Bsarn magazine.
Amen sister. I can't even pull something together from a collection at Target. Pottery Barn and the $7000 it would take to put together a bedroom is just to make the rest of us feel inadequate.
The last couple of times I got the PBK catalog, all I did was flip through the nursery pages and say how ridiculously cute Pottery Barn has gotten. Those crib sets are adorable. That aside, the people that have those rooms are the ones whose homes are 20,000 square feet like the one I saw in St. George that actually did have a teeny bathroom for small people. And second, there is no possible way that anyone who could even afford enough space in a home for a special kid craft room would be able to keep it that clean for 2 seconds. One can only dream.
Awkward, that is what my house is like, was this post meant for me?
Laura-I feel the same way about Pottery Barn home and kids. My only thought is..I'm jealous and want it ALL. The closest I will get to my wish is by working there this holiday season and getting 40%off. I'll hook you up!
Post a Comment