So Kelly triple dog dared me to do her tag. you know the rules, you can't turn down triple dog dare. But all you other tag happy people - don't get any ideas. this may be the one and only. alright, hers was also a double tag - whoa. this could be long. here we go
Tag 1
1. Where did you meet your husband?
I actually already recounted this story in this post. Knock yourself out if you missed this one.
2. What was the first thing said?
wow, who actually remembers that? i am pretty sure the first time i talked to matt was when he called melissa and i answered her phone because i was intrigued at who this "matt" was calling her that i didn't know.
3. What was your first date?
again, this post will give you all the detail you ever want to know and more.
4. How long did you date?
We dated 7 months (with just a brief break up - about a month - where we both dated other people) and engaged for 5 months.
5. First kiss?
second "date" in front of Matt's car as he was leaving my house. If you ask Matt, he will say I made the first move, but come on, you know that is not true.
6. Where did you get engaged?
this is a good one. So I was very picky about when we were going to get engaged. You see we were living in different states, so saw each other about once a month. Matt was coming up to Utah in January - when we were going to "ring shop" and then I would be down in February for his brother's wedding - which was Feb 15th. I said he could NOT propose on Valentine's Day - absolutely the cheesiest thing ever. And we could not get engaged on the day of his brother's wedding and take any of their thunder. We weren't going to see each other again til I graduated - which would not give me enough time to plan a summer wedding! So Matt decided to buy a ring without me and surprise me when he came up in January. I picked him up at the airport and we had plans to go up to Park City, have dinner, and check out the film festival. Matt didn't really have a game plan and was just planning on winging it. So we got there, and restaurants were all pretty busy, so we decided to go to that pizza place where you stand in line and order and then they bring you your food. I guess my ring was in his coat pocket and he did not want to leave his coat with me (like i would look through his pockets?), so he made ME wait in line while he went and sat at a table. I was a little annoyed - I thought he just wanted to watch the game on tv. So after dinner we walked around a bit, but I was too cold and wanted to go back to Provo. Matt tried to make a last ditch effort to propose by telling me to walk with him in the snow. I said "no, I don't want to walk in the snow". So we got in the car and at this point Matt is a little panicked. Well, I couldn't remember how to get back to Provo and so I pulled up to a hotel to ask directions - which again Matt made me do. When I got back outside, Matt had pulled my Jeep back and lifted the back up and asked me to sit down, and then he proposed. I don't really remember what he said, I was a little shocked. and the ring was 3 sizes too big, but I was definitely surprised.
7. Where did you get married?
Los Angeles temple on June 20, 2003
8. How did the reception go?
Great. It was beautiful. We had it at this amazing place called Orcutt Ranch. It was a little cold (June weather in So Cal) but everything was perfect.
9. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Maui.
10. Do you have a song?
Not really, although our wedding song was It's Your Love by Tim McGraw (although neither Matt nor I could remember it and I had to look it up, so I don't know if it counts)
Tag 2
1. Where were you 10 years ago?
February 1998 - I was a senior in high school, probably very anxious to graduate and go to BYU.
2. 5 things on my to-do list today?
(1) go hang w/ my girlfriends for a playdate (2) go to Costco (3) make dinner for missionaries (4) get pictures in frames that I got at Christmas (5) wrap up some work
3. 5 snacks I enjoy
(1) diet coke (2) anything chocolate - especially if it is chocolate AND peanut butter (3) 100 calorie pack chips ahoy (I have to hide these from Chase because he will want to eat the whole thing if he sees it!) (4) pretzels in peanut butter (5) cheese and crackers.
4. What I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire?
Buy a sick house, buy a bunch of apartment complexes, give money to charity, buy new cars, travel.
5. 4 of my bad habits
(1) talking too loud - especially on the phone (2) picking my cuticles - which I am doing as I write this - don't want to hear it MOM (3) eat too many sweets - one day it might catch up with me. (4) matt says i am the loudest drinker he knows when i drink hot chocolate (5) lately it seems I am ALWAYS late, which I absolutely hate because I used to pride myself in being punctual. BTW, I fully blame Chase for this.
6. 5 jobs that I have had:
(1) my first job was at an optometry center when I was 16 for the summer - I did whatever they needed around the office (including getting everyone coffee in the morning, wiping down all the eye equipment at night, filing, bill collection) and they wanted me to come back and work full time after I graduated HS - yeah, don't think so. (2) Old Navy - and yes I wore an awesome head set and I don't think I have ever in my life heard the song "At the Car Wash" played so many times (3) one summer I worked at Ann Taylor Loft and the Macaroni Grill - they were both at the Northridge mall and there were some days that I would work an 8-5 at Ann Taylor, and then 5:30 to 11:30 at Macaroni Grill (4) my WORST job ever was at one of those places in Provo where you make calls and try to get people to take surveys. It was AWFUL. I could not get a decent job in Provo and needed to earn money for a study abroad in London I was going to. After I had earned sufficient, I quit. Sometimes though I do the surveys when people call me because I feel bad. (5) a TA at the accounting lab at BYU. The BEST job. I got all my homework done and I actually really really enjoy teaching. Apparently, I dressed inappropriately for the job as my friend Chris recently reminded me in this post (second to last paragraph). Can you believe the audacity of some people at BYU? 7.
5 things people don't know about me:
(1) Despite the "crazy" and outgoing front I put on, I am actually a pretty shy person and it takes a lot for me to go introduce myself to people that I don't know (2) I am a little OCD. I am a germaphobic and I do really weird OCD things like I have to count steps I walk up and stuff like that (I know, I am weird) (3) well most people probably know this but I am a serious hypochondriac. I will say that it has gotten MUCH better over the years, but it is out of control and slightly crazy. I have thought (seriously) that I have had the following: (1) west nile virus (2) cancer (3) toxic shock syndrome (4) worms (5) appendicitis (and I actually almost made Matt take me to hospital in the middle of the night) (6) SARS - just to name a few. I have been known to frequently check my pulse - not sure why. Needless to say, my poor son has to put up with his crazy mom that has to continously check his crib to make sure he is alive. (4) I don't really like talking on the phone. I get really nervous calling people I don't know (see number 1) and I am the WORST message leaver in the world. I am that person that drags on and says really awkward things on your machine. (5) I would say I definitely have a sub par voice (all those peeps who came to Matt's karaoke party a few years ago, you know what I'm talkin about), but I LOVE singing really really loud - especially in the car. And I love dancing.
Well a big shout out to those very few of you who actually got through this entire post. Despite my tag strike I have been on, I actually enjoyed writing this.
And don't you worry, I am not tagging anyone else.
4 comments:
i got through the whole thing and i loved it. you and kelly are pretty dang funny on these things. i was laughing out loud when i read that you thought you had cancer. i bet we could think of like 100 diseases you thought you had. your too funny.
You totally made the first move on Matt, I know you! Your reception was wonderful partly b/c I helped organize the decorations... You're welcome. I feel like we have really bonded now.
Nice job Laura. I loved it all! Especially your engagement story. Our's was very similar. We also went to Park City and I was annoyed at Spencer's behavior too. But that was because I was expecting him to propose and finally put a ring on my finger and he kept not doing it. And I was at Matt's karaoke party and you totally rocked it!
i am VERY proud of you for doing the tag. i'm glad that the triple dog dare worked. and after reading this it reaffirmed all the reasons why i love you and think you are crazy at the same time.
Post a Comment