FOUR:
Yipee! so actually all looking at the camera would be down right impossible - we take what we can get. My friend Julie was in town visiting (with Liam - other little boy that is 2 weeks older than Chase) and since it may be a long time before we see her again, I wanted to take a pic of all the babies together.
So I think as a mom you have a "moment" when you realize your baby is not a baby anymore. I had that moment the other day. I was folding laundry while Chase was happily entertaining himself and I looked over at him and thought "what happened to my baby?" I just stopped what I was doing and just sat and watched him for a while. Sometimes I think I don't do that enough -just watch him. And then I felt this overwhelming feeling to remember him, exactly as he is now, because before I know it he is going to be grown up.
8 comments:
laura--the post made me cry. i miss you guys. i sometimes feel like chase is my baby too. i cant believe he has been in our life for almost a year now. it seems like yesterday kel and i flew down and surprised you. it looks like im coming home all summer long--im expecting to get paid for my babysitting services like you promised.
How cute is he!! I'm so glad you left me a message on my blog! I'm new to this blog thing so I keep adding and changing things, it's so addictive! SO wonderful to hear from you! I miss you in book club! Yep I'm 11 weeks preggies right now...yippee! We are so excited!
oh, he's getting sooo big. Isn't it so sad. It's amazing how fast they grow...just about time to have another, huh? j/k
did you guys get the email about chuck e cheeses? on the 22nd...
what do you think...
i made some changes to my blog, go check it out...now...j/k.
cari lyn
He is so cute... he will always be your baby. When you have your second your first seems so huge and old but when you stop and look at them... like you did... they are still your first baby. I love those moments. Sad but an amazing feeling to see what you created.
p.s. Could my comment be any cheesier??
so i just realized i didn't comment already. i thought i did. i'm pretty impressed with chase's standing up by himself ability, but obviously not surprised at his ingenuity. and sorry but kids do grow up too fast. my baby is six for goodness sake. i think i'm starting to sound like mom. and you're good enough and smart enough...
I think this is probably my favorite post on your blog. I miss you guys. We don't see you all nearly as often as we should.
Adorable! Please send me an email with that pic so I can treasure it as well. Such a hilarious sequence, too!
Post a Comment