Sunday, February 17, 2008

this one is for matt

Matt has been asking for awhile now when he is going to get some posting love - since it is usually all about Chase. Well, I couldn't let this week go by without giving him some honorable mention. So I am not really a Valentine's Day kind of girl, and so every year I tell Matt "please don't get me anything" and I really mean it, because I really don't get him anything. So this year, Matt pulled a very good Valentine's surprise. On Wednesday (which was actually the day before V-day, because I was working Thurs) he calls me in the afternoon to ask me what I am doing. I was just about to leave to go to the store and he tells me he needs me to wait for a fed -ex that is being delivered to him (not uncommon) which will be there by 2. I say "fine". At about 1:30, I get a call from our front gate and they say "fed ex". When I answer the door, to my surprise it is Matt and my mom! He tells me I am to leave immediately with my mom and has given her money to go see "27 Dresses" (loved it, although totally predictable, I didn't care, loved it) and go get mani pedis, while he took off the rest of the day to watch Chase. So sweet. It was the perfect gift for me because he knew I have been feeling so overwhelmed lately and feel like I never get any "Laura" time.

So, although I am usually anti the V-day holiday (and I still did not get Matt anything, aren't I great?), it turned out to be a great one. So as Gay says, no post is complete without a pic. Here is a cute pic of Matt with Chase on the day Chase was born (almost a year ago - YIKES!). He is looking a little tired in this pic (since we both had gotten like 2 hours of sleep), but here they are watching their first Laker game together - I remember how excited he was over this. He is not only a great husband, but a FANTASTIC Father. I am one lucky gal.

9 comments:

xcdenke said...

Oh... so cute! Matt does deserve a few props. That seems like a wonderful V-day. Good job M! I'm glad you liked 27 Dresses, every bit a romantic comedy cliche`, but wasn't it great?

Anonymous said...

and mattie is a great brother!!

Rachel said...

wow! that is really impressive! way to go, matt! i'll be steering spencer to your blog in hopes that he'll get some good ideas!

JS said...

What a cute hubby! He put so much thought into that! Good job Matt!

kelly l said...

i'm in agreement with the above. pretty impressive matt. it's just too bad that you didn't want to invite me. i'm insulted. and look at cute little chasers with matt. wow, back to a time before that kid was constantly on the go.

kelly l said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brookeisacrazylady said...

that sounds like heaven. good for you girl.

Valerie said...

I heard about this from my mom, random. That was really sweet of him. Chase looks so little in the picture!

Holly said...

Oh that Matt is so slick giving you a Valentine's gift not on Valentine's so he can still spoil you and respect your silly rules. He's a quick one! I can believe Chase is almost one already. Time goes by way to fast. He is too cute for a little newborn in that pic.