Sunday, January 4, 2015

Christmas time funnies


Excuse me while I update a few more 2014 posts on my very neglected blog.  Also, excuse all the family photos I will be using.  Gotta get my money's worth on those.


First up, Mia...

She was telling me a few weeks before Christmas how her friend found out she was on Santa's good list (I guess it was via an internet video from Santa).  She was in awe and was asking me "Can you believe it???"  I was kind of under the impression most kids figured they were on the good list since, you know, presents tended to show up every year.  So I asked her, "Well, Mia, what list do you think you are on?"  She thought about this for a few seconds and then responded "I think I am on the medium list, because I sometimes cry.  Maybe I will get like half of a present."


And Lyla...

We were leaving a gingerbread house making party at a friends house and I was carrying out our elaborate gingerbread house to the car, which I will mention required walking down a few stairs and across a street to get to.  Lyla asked me "Mom, can I hold the gingerbread house to the car?"  To which I quickly and comically answered "No."  She cried and whined "Please Mom, I can carry it!!"  To which again I responded, "Sorry, but no."  She cried and cried all the way to the car and as we were pulling away asked, "Why do you always say NO to everything?"

No comments: