Saturday, September 27, 2014
Dear Lyla,
Yesterday, you turned three years old! It's hard to believe my baby is not a baby anymore. So, apparently I only make sassy girls. You have been a bit of a doozy lately. Three years olds...oh man, it's a tough age. Lots of attitude, lots of dramatics, lots of temper tantrums and the screaming, wow, you can scream.
But there is a reason there is a #everyoneloveslyla hashtag. You are so loveable. You are so sweet and loving and adorable. I can't help but want to squeeze and kiss you all the time. And so does everyone who is around to soak in your Lyla-ness.
You love being a big girl. You loved getting your bunk bed. You love going to "school", and ask everyday if you are going. You were so excited to start your big girl dance class and carried around your dance shoes all day. You were my earliest and easiest to potty train. You have such an amazing vocabulary and tell the best stories with priceless expressions. You love to tell me, "I'm a big girl, I can do it!" But sometimes in the same breath you say "But I am a baby, see, I'm so small." I think you love the independence, but also love the perks that come with being the baby.
Shortly after you were born, I wrote a post about how I fell in love with you. But really, I had no idea how lucky I really was to have you. You are such a ray of sunshine in our family. I love you so much and am beyond blessed to call you mine.
Love,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was definitely thinking today as well that you only get sassy girls!! Perhaps...like mother, like daughter...?? haha but you are one lucky lady to have Lyla. I couldn't imagine my life without her!! Even if she does boss me around in the bathroom, like I have never been bossed around before! She has the cutest voice in the whole world and the best facial expressions. Love you baby girl and happy birthday!
As Ella always says, "I LOVE HER!"
You write so beautifully. I love reading your sweet posts about your children.
Post a Comment